Date: 14.11.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 601
Buyresearchpapersforsale.dehaorhan.com #Types of formats for research papers

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Types of formats for research papers

Types of formats for research papers

Mar/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

How to make IEEE Formated paper?

Do you want to prepare an IEEE paper format, let s check it out, This is IEEE paper format (Updated will be done,if they changes)

Term Paper: Format of Citations and References

Types of formats for research papers

Write My Paper For Me -
Home - Citation Styles: APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian, IEEE

Anne Truitt Vs. Anne Truitt#8230;and Uncle Clem. Had they been monochrome, the #8220;objects#8221; in types of formats for research Truitt#8217;s 1963 show would have qualified as first examples of orthodox Minimal Art and my college with the help of monochrome the artist would have been able to types of formats dissemble her feminine sensibility behind a more aggressively far-out non-art look, as so many masculine Minimalists have their rather feminine sensibilities. Clement Greenberg , #8220;Truitt: Changer ,#8221; Vogue Magazine,1968. Reprinted: The Collected Essays and coursework on a cv Criticism: Modernism with a Vengeance 1957-1969 . Problems in Art Criticism: A Cautionary Tale? From James Meyer#8217;s finely wrought interview in Artforum (May 2002) we learn of Anne Truitt#8217;s double-life: #8220;I worked in between carpools and types of formats for research papers buying food and research cooking and whatever else I had to types for research do. I lived an outside life, but really I was living an inside life.#8221; Divorced at last, she also was lucky enough to cant read stegner have a Guggenheim grant that allowed her to build a separate studio in her backyard. This separation shows in types for research papers her art.

And there is no doubt that she was an odd duck: passive-aggressive, self-involved. She came from a #8220;good#8221; family, as did her husband. In fact, she admits she was attracted to him because, she says, he looked like her. Later, in and around the D.C. area, they were not exactly an invisible couple. They were associated with that moment#8217;s Camelot. Perhaps counting on an image of political naivety, she admitted many of her D.C. Education? friends were in the C.I.A . Her husband James Truitt was personal assistant to the publisher of the powerful Washington Post and was even at one point publisher of ArtNews. Thus ensued her curious life, moving here and there wherever hubby was employed, because she was the types good and obedient wife and mother #8212; on the surface. Of course she never admits that some of the marital problems she encountered may not have been entirely her husband#8217;s fault. She seems quite indifferent.

They divorced; he remarried and moved to essay i other read wallace why Mexico and types of formats for research later committed suicide. Figuratively speaking, she doesn#8217;t bat an eyelash. She is also icy about the mysterious love-diary written by a close friend who was one of JFK#8217;s secret flings, or why it was sought by my college the CIA, or what Truitt or her husband had to types of formats papers do with the scandal. Perhaps that is a mercy. Another Truitt text has been released on java papers online by the Archives of American Art of the Smithsonian Institutions. It is the entire transcript of a long and boring oral-history interview.

Read it and weep. There is hardly anything about Truitt#8217;s art, and alas, the details of her domesticity are tedious. A life unedited is a life unseen. Even when she starts to make art, we don#8217;t care a fig. And neither does she, or so it seems. I thought I would find more details about her dealings with critic Greenberg or even juicy tidbits about JFK. No such luck.

There is, however, one surprise. When Truitt moved with her husband to Japan for a year or so, one of her few friends was the of formats Artopia-approved James Lee Byars, who at one point gave her an artwork that required she destroy it: I have not destroyed it. Java Research Papers? Imagine destroying it. I wasn#8217;t going to do that. But that was the whole essence of what his work was about, coming into being and types going out of being, and about the passage of time. On A? But we mustn#8217;t go off on him, because I could talk about him for hours. A very interesting man and a real friend, and the only types of formats person in coursework on a cv all of Japan that I found with whom I could really talk. We used to converse back and forth. Compatible. Types Of Formats For Research Papers? He was compatible. Mad.

Quite mad, but compatible. Finally, he ran out of money, but that was usual; he never had any money. But he ran out of his visa, and that was a serious matter. Cant I Other? Then they were going to deport him, so I called Maurice Tuchman at the Los Angeles County Museum. And greatly to his credit and forever to his credit, he met him at the airport.

I put him on the plane in Japan and Maurice Tuchman met him in L.A. and took him under his wing and papers launched him into America. And then there are her books of writings. Here#8217;s a sample quote from a sheet produced by the gallery that now handles her work: Having taken off from the houses, trees, fences, and fields of le normandie lessay, my childhood#8230;I very soon found that I was leaving the literal object behind#8230;I discovered form and color, and ultimately to the work I am doing now, at once more austere in structure and more expressive in for research papers color#8230;. Style Thesis? May 3,1975, Daybook. And similar cliches. They have the considered pomposity of a nun or a schoolmarm and of formats for research are in java research papers the tiresome Willa Cather declarative mode.

Truitt, alas, seems also to aspire to that pinnacle of pomposity reached by types for research papers Georgia O#8217;Keeffe. Problem: Must a critic consult an my college good artist#8217;s life, statements, interviews? Answer: It may be risky. Articulation is not the product of for research papers, intelligence; it is java research papers, intelligence. Of course, one may be visually, rather that verbally, intelligent or physically intelligent like a dancer. Types Papers? We cannot expect all artists to be verbally intelligent, can we? The MoMA Syndrome Strikes Again! I have never really dealt with Truitt (1921-2004) in any serious way, but, if the truth be known, she has over my college essay and over induced in me what everyone now calls The MoMA Syndrome.

As I explained in the last Artopia, we know what The Stendahl Syndrome is: Venice finally seen is types of formats, simply too much. Newer and essay i other less known is for research papers, The Paris Syndrome: tourists every year faint from disappointment when they finally see The City of Light. In a natural progression, I have identified The MoMA Syndrome as that feeling of disappointment when you finally see real art you have previously known only from reproductions. MoMA itself is not to blame; I merely use it as a symbol because it is lucky to have so many iconic artworks. Hotel? The MoMA Syndrome can strike in any major museum and in commercial galleries, too. The MoMA Syndrome is not without problems. At the risk of trafficking in paradoxes, there is the unavoidable deception that occurs when using superior imagery to illustrate art you find wanting. You undercut your text. Of Formats For Research Papers? It only sets up false expectations.

Should illustrations be eschewed? I was going to form writing do that here, but thought better of it. The olive green/khaki monochrome, I reproduce is the types of formats for research papers best in cant the exhibition and types of formats for research shown all alone in a small room off the main exhibition space. Also, there is the education essay scary hypothesis that when the reproduction is more attractive than what is being pictured, it might be the image that is really the art. Types Of Formats For Research? Purification is objectification. Cv? The virtual could become the fact. Of Formats For Research? I look at slide projections and color reproductions in books, magazines and now on the internet and always think that I love Truitt#8217;s work #8212; until I actually see it. In reality, the java research papers corners of the of formats papers four-square columns are not crisp enough. The colors are lame and often pasty.

Those #8220;crowns#8221; and dropped-panty #8220;baseboards#8221; are arbitrary. Oh, how I would like to love her work. Other than Helen Frankenthaler, she was really the form thesis writing only woman in Greenberg#8217;s pantheon. And a Minimalist! Well, almost a Minimalist, as we shall see. Perhaps a Minimalist by default. And Then There Were Three. Kenneth Noland told David Smith about her, and Smith told critic Greenberg: #8220;And now there will be three,#8221; Truitt remembered Greenberg saying. He meant Noland, Morris Louis, and herself. Mind you, I say, not feisty Gene Davis with his vertical stripes.

Not Sam Gilliam with his paint-soaked, unstretched, draped canvase. Types Of Formats Papers? Not any other D.C. Thesis? artist of the period. Of Formats? I should like Truitt because I do have a taste for hotel lessay reduced forms and for types color, and, I confess, always seek the my college essay mystic. I should like her because she seems finally (she later claimed) not to have followed Greenberg#8217;s orders; she thought he wanted her to be less Minimal. I think she should have been more Minimal, but simply did not have the talent or the nerve. I should like Truitt because she is for research, a woman and there were very few female artists who made it through the hoop during the period of the William Rubin/Clem Greenberg autocracy. (I almost said #8220;anti-left#8221; autocracy.) Although we know Uncle Clem moved from the left to the right, probably after the Hitler-Stalin Pact, I have no idea what Rubin#8217;s politics were. Of course, many in form style thesis the #8217;30s just gave up on Soviet Marxism, either transferring to Trotsky#8217;s Permanent Revolution or willfully sinking into denial about the Stalin-Hitler deal, like my old friend Alice Neel. Of Formats For Research Papers? Rubin was curator at MoMA; his brother Lawrence was a successful art dealer with how shall I say it? #8212; overlapping art tastes.

He showed Frank Stella; MoMA showed Stella. In regard to Uncle Clem, what we have against him now is good, that after championing Jackson Pollock and David Smith, he was wrong forever after. Jules Olitski was not a great painter; sugary is of formats for research, not augury. Coursework On A? He may have been right about of formats Kenneth Noland (1924-2010), but the cv jury is still out. The Guggenheim, which hosted a Noland retrospective in 1977, has dredged up a four-painting memorial show in its Monitor Gallery, just off the fourth-floor ramp. And Half , 1959, a #8220;target#8221;, is types of formats for research papers, quintessential. So too The Time (1967) in terms of the java #8220;horizontals#8221; #8212; horizontal stripes, always wider than tall that seem vast and preternaturally flat at the same time.

Trans Shift , 1964, is a failure, like most of the dynamic #8220;chevrons.#8221; Strand , 1981, is an for research irregular, 8-sided shaped canvas that, in my view, is a disaster. While promoting some very minor talents indeed #8212; I am not here referring to Noland #8212; Clem was unremitting in lessay his hatred of Pop and Minimalism. Wrong, wrong. I mean, he was earlier wrong about de Kooning, so how could anyone thereafter trust him? Here is a video that shows Uncle Clem at his most rhetorically deceptive, for who among us would want easy art and who would not want personal taste challenged, along with popular taste? Come on, be a man. Minimalism in types papers many ways developed out of education, Greenbergian formalism. Without Greenberg, there would not have been a Stella. Why didn#8217;t he see that Stella#8217;s black pinstripes and even his protractor paintings are beautifully inert and self-referring? He could not have known in the #8217;60s that Stella would tank #8212; aesthetically speaking.

And after two MoMA exhibitions. Nor does it make sense that Greenberg was not really sold on types for research Barnett Newman and certainly not Ad Reinhardt. Illiteracy Essay? Perhaps because Reinhardt stayed with his pre-War social commitments? Was Newman too much of an anarchist for Clem#8217;s Cold War politics? But, oh, not only are we not to types papers mix art and my college essay good life, we are not to mix art and politics, unless it is of formats for research papers, right-wing politics.

In real life #8212; I only met him once Uncle Clem seemed benign and avuncular, and he certainly was not stupid. I had always admired his tough writing style. Here#8217;s a key paragraph that everyone knows by heart. It#8217;s wrong, but convincing because it sounds so good: T he essence of Modernism lies, as I see it, in the use of research papers, characteristic methods of papers, discipline to criticize the discipline itself, not in order to subvert it but in education order to entrench it more firmly in types of formats for research its area of competence. We were the battling jurors of the cant read wallace Syracuse Scholar/Everson Museum of for research papers, Art Drawing National in 1985. I was the curator of the Everson Museum upstate. I.M. Pei#8217;s photogenic building was already leaking and sinking.

Syracuse University, on the hill, was Uncle Clem#8217;s alma mater and he still had some roots in that God-forsaken brown-soil town, once a canal hub, once an industrial center. What I remember most vividly is that he voted for any female nude, no matter how ineptly drawn. The old satyr. Interestingly enough, as I settled in as resident curator, local painters of a certain sort invited me to java make studio visits. Artists are everywhere. I was shocked that they expected me, like Uncle Clem, to tell them what to do. There was even a Greenberg exercise they called #8220;Around the Clock.#8221; A painting would be rotated until Uncle Clem decided which end was up. I should like Truitt#8217;s work. But then I see the work in the flesh, as it were. There happens to be a goodly sampling now at Matthew Marks (522 W. 22 nd St., to June 26), and I found myself looking forward to it, but it turns out that I had to circle and of formats for research circle to find the good pieces, separating out education essay, far too many failures.

Since Truitt#8217;s work is at papers, least quasi-sculptural, the installation video on le normandie lessay the gallery website is better than most stills. Of Formats? Sculpture needs to be circled, and you need zooms and multiple points of view. Essay Good? But the types for research camera eye always slicks up all surfaces and textural discontinuities. Since we are all photographers, we can translate what we are looking at my college essay good, into the cyclopean view, which is rectangular, flat and divorced from types larger relationships. The cyclopean fixed image, however, is difficult to reverse. It sticks in the mind #8212; a memorial to the death of nuance, the destruction of time. Uh-oh. MoMA Syndrome at work? Or are these pillars really dull? Do I like that most of these cubic columns float an i other stegner why inch or so on hidden, recessed risers? It makes them less like Minimalist sculptures, that#8217;s for sure.

But does it make them more like paintings? Yes and no. And I do like the of formats for research vacillations between painting and hotel sculpture. Artopia will always be in favor of the types interstitial. How Greenberg liked Truitt#8217;s work is still a mystery. It really cannot fit into his evolutionary art-determinism #8212; Picasso leading to David Smith in the same way that fish lead to amphibians and amphibians to dinosaurs. Or the way feudalism, leads to capitalism, which in turn must lead to communism. The Photogenic Jinx. To cut to the quick, Truitt#8217;s color/sculpture/things, like Pop Art, are photogenic. In real life, however, they disappoint. The works do not look good in groupings either.

She herself never conceived of them that way. In fact, in the Myer interview she remembers her surprise at the installation of her first New York show at the Andre Emmerich Gallery in New York: Let me go back to February 1963, with these three menBill Rubin, Clem, and Ken [Noland]arranging the stuff in Andre#8217;s gallery. I was completely floored. I had never thought of the works together. My College? I had simply thought of them as individual sculptures. I was astonished to see how they considered them in relation to types of formats for research papers one another. And they put two of them in the back room because they didn#8217;t #8220;fit.#8221; Greenberg lectured all and sundry that each medium should remain true to itself. Painting should be flat and have no illusions #8212; no tin cans or beer cans stuck on. And certainly not be produced by switching a stuffed goat for stretched canvas.

He was a ruthless scold. Hotel Lessay? Now, of for research papers, course, it is easy to hotel le normandie lessay see that at the root of types of formats, this was something deeply sexual: his fear of the interstitial. Not all Pop artists were gay. Greenberg#8217;s accusation against the Minimalists and what he calls #8220; their femininity#8221; (see quote at the top) is hotel, totally loony, unless in of formats papers some backhanded way he wanted to indicate that everyone is both masculine and feminine. Certainly Truitt#8217;s signature artworks are formally interstitial #8212; neither painting nor sculpture, but something in between. But why was she the exception to Greenberg#8217;s dictum?

If her interviews are accurate, she had the charm of a wet mink coat. Java Papers? Was it David Smith or Greenberg who was impressed by Truitt#8217;s social credentials? Is it permissible for a woman to be interstitial, but not a man? This time #8212; and I think my last time #8212; I determined that Truitt#8217;s least fussy pieces are the most successful. For Research? Yet I would have liked her to have taken another step. The contrasting horizontal bands at the crown and/or base of the already too figurative pillars are not integral or really very interesting. They are like accents, and whatever oppositions or dialogues they set up with the main color could well be eliminated. She couldn#8217;t take what can only be called the John McCracken leap into totally acompositional color. If she had fully embraced the monochromatic, she might have been able to say something truthful.

Two works by two contemporary women artists also bring up some critical problems, none of which have to do with feminist content per se . That content is now a given; we applaud such content. Mary Carlson#8217;s Flag , a gigantic, handmade, artificially faded Old Glory now hanging in the strange glassed-in space at Long Island University in Brooklyn (Humanities Gallery, 1 University Place, to June 11), is a knockout. Inspired by faded 9/11 flags she had seen, it is not, however, her first handmade flag. She made all-white #8220;ghost#8221; American flags in the early #8217;90s, and again in education illiteracy #8217;07. It was the January 2010 Campaign Financing Supreme Court ruling, allowing unlimited corporate political contributions, that caused her to take up needle and thread and sewing machine again, outdoing herself. The new #8220;old#8221; flag is perfect in scale and placement. I perused the of formats images on her website: yes, there are other flags.

The flags are by far her strongest work. And if I were to #8220;Clem#8221; her, I#8217;d tell her to stick to java research flags; she needs a little bit of types for research papers, branding. Besides, a giant handmade flag #8212; thank you Betsey Ross #8212; is far different from an encaustic one concocted by Jasper Johns, but continues the i other stegner wallace argument with great force. Should I, a critic, be telling artists what to do? Well, somebody has to keep them in line. Kate Gilmore#8217;s snazzy Walk the Walk , sponsored by the Public Art Fund, was on display in Bryant Park behind the main branch of the New York Public Library, May 10-14. We have already mentioned Gilmore#8217;s excellent video/performance in the Whitney Biennial. Trapped inside a double-walled, almost ceiling-high column of her own making, Gilmore, in a polka-dot dress, is seen from above kicking at the internal walls with her high heels trying to types of formats get to the top of the java research papers column, revealing glimpses of yellow. Will she make it to the top to escape, or at least to types of formats for research papers turn off the research papers video camera? We looked forward to seeing what Gilmore could do using seven women performers atop a yellow cube in the open air. Unlike Roberta Smith in the New York Times, we were not at all disappointed.

In fact, camera in types for research hand, yours truly thought it was so good he considered doing his first circumambulation appropriation, snapshoting as he slowly circled the canary-yellow cube. All in yellow skirts and white pumps, the women on top of the open cube walked aimlessly, randomly, but without being either sullen or sunny #8212; a neat trick. The yellow rhymed with passing taxicabs. The sound of heels could have been clog-dancing done by distracted deer. The spectacle made one think. Illiteracy Essay? A septet of of formats papers, secretaries? A paean to my college essay the unsung gofers in nearby offices?

A sarcastic comment on voyeurism? Here too it helps to know that a woman was responsible for the artwork. Produced by a man, the meaning would be different. We too will congratulate Gilmore on her expansion; but Walk The Walk clearly is up to her usual level, if not beyond. Papers? She is kicking down another wall. Hotel Lessay? Public art is seen by more non-art audiences than video, which (with the exception of YouTube incarnations) is indeed like #8220;preaching to the converted.#8221; * johnperreault is on Facebook. * follow johnperreault on Twitter. Of Formats For Research Papers? FOR AN AUTOMATIC ARTOPIA ALERT, PLEASE E-MAIL: perreault@aol.com. I have written about my college good art for a number of years, specializing in first-person art criticism as art critic for the Village Voice, then in the Soho News. Types Of Formats For Research? I have championed. Read More#x02026; ARTOPIA is an art diary featuring my evaluations of the coursework on a cv art I see in galleries, museums, public spaces, and sometimes in artists' studios.

I specialize in new art or art that needs to be looked at in a fresh way, in terms of contemporary practice. #x02026; [Read More. ] Examples of John Perreault's art and types his biography: johnperreault.info John Perreault is on Facebook and Twitter. Hotel Le Normandie Lessay? #x02026; [Read More. ] John Perreault interviewed on WPS1. Now available as a podcast. For Research? Click here: PODCAST. #x02026; [Read More. Style Thesis? ]

Write My Essays Today -
Term Paper: Format of Citations and References

Health Issues in the Aborigines Culture. Indigenous health problems are also noted to of formats for research papers be a combination of third world-associated quandaries such as high rates of maternal and infant mortality as well as low life expectancy, malnutrition and other communicable diseases; as well as more ‘Western lifestyle’ health problems such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, drug and alcohol abuse, mental illness, and many others (Lewis, 2003). This paper therefore looks at the epidemiology of the state of health for hotel lessay the Aboriginal community, delving into types papers, the possible sociological reasons behind this increasingly deplorable condition. We will write a custom essay sample. on Health Issues in the Aborigines Culture or any similar. topic specifically for education illiteracy you. At the same time, a clearer perspective will be offered into the widening gap that is noted between the state of health for Aboriginal communities and that of other Australians further putting this into a social context. The effect of a modern society on health care provision to indigenous communities is also discussed, as well as the health issues facing these people such as high blood pressure, stress, drugs, alcohol and poor children’s health. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (2008), the Aboriginal community faces higher rates of ill health than any other group in Australia.

From the estimate of an average of 450,000 Aborigines in Australia, it is observed that when compared to papers other communities, this community faces enhanced problems of chronic illness and problems from cigarette smoking in addition to other health issues. Among the coursework on a, various problems faced by the Aboriginal people include children’s health issues. For Research! These include low birth weight accompanied by an infant mortality rate that is almost three times that of the national average; such a figure results to 15. 2 deaths of Aborigine infants as compared to 5 from other communities per 1,000 births (Thomas, 2003). Other factors connected to low birth weight include that of an enhanced risk for consequent diseases during puberty and adulthood that may lead to neonatal death. Low birth weight of the infant is associated with a slow growth rate and short pregnancy length, with Aboriginal women noted to have a 12. 4% chance to have a low birth weight baby as compared to 6. 2% for anon-Aboriginal woman (Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2008). Other issues noted in Aboriginal children include the prevalence of poverty among the members of this group thereby leading to form style thesis ill-health and poor benefits especially for the young. Page 2 Health Issues in the Aborigines Culture Essay. In addition to a higher rate of low birth weight in Aboriginal women, theirchildren also face a greater risk of malnutrition. Types Of Formats For Research Papers! The advantage of breastfeeding is coursework cv, noted during the early months, with this offering an of formats papers additional defense against java papers, common infant diseases.

However, after weaning, the lack of nutritious foods increases the likelihood of children to contract infectious diseases further enhancing the children’s malnutrition. Other health problems faced by types, children include the prevalence of middle ear infection, consequently affecting the coursework cv, learning abilities of the child that may have speech and for research, hearing problems. At the same time, the high rate of smoking among the form style, Aboriginal community leads to a high exposure of the of formats papers, children to tobacco smoke during pregnancy and even after birth. This then leads to the noted increase in the prevalence of respiratory disorders including asthma and other related ailments. Other diseases faced by pre-pubescent Aborigines include chest and throat infections as well as injuries from accidents. Adult male Aborigines also face higher risks of accidental injuries as compared to non-aboriginal adult males. This increases their chances for hospitalization which is also enhanced by heart and chest diseases as well as digestive tract ailments. Aboriginal women similarly have higher rates of research, urinary and reproductive complications as compared to non-aboriginal women with the latter complications leading to strained pregnancy and types for research, births. On an my college essay good overall basis, members of the Aboriginal communities are twice as likely to of formats for research papers be hospitalized as compared their non-aboriginal counterparts (Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2008).

These results from an enhanced susceptibility to injuries sustained during accidents as well as the cant stegner, aforementioned causes. It is also noted that Aboriginal people usually have a higher vulnerability to infectious diseases such as sexually transmitted infections including HIV/AIDS, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, as well as other potentially fatal conditions such as Tuberculosis and Haemophilus influenza type b (Lutschini, 2005). Diet and nutrition plays a major role in the state of health of the Aboriginal people. Before the types, influence of education illiteracy essay, settlers who arrived in Australia, Aboriginal people were used to types of formats papers their hunter-gatherer lifestyles that incorporated the consumption of wild meats and fallow plants. These customary foods were rich in nutrients, protein and carbohydrates, while also having limited supplies of sugars and fat. As a result, the cv, Aboriginal people were healthy and of formats for research, did not face diet-related ailments. With the introduction of Westernized foods, which contain higher levels of sugars and fat, while being low on essential nutrients, the Aboriginal people have become more vulnerable to diet disorders such as diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular disease. This increased rate is also noted to be higher in Aborigines than in non-aborigines who are considered to be used to these ‘modern’ foods. Aboriginal people have also been noted to have a shorter life expectancy than that of non-indigenous communities with Aboriginal males expected to live for around 57 years as compared to 62 years for their female counterparts; this translates to a shortfall of around 18 to cant essay read stegner wallace 20 years when compared to types for research papers non-aborigines (Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2008).

There are diverse causes of this early death amongst the aborigines that include twice the rate of cardiovascular disorders that include strokes and heart failures as compared to non-aborigines. At the same time, aborigines are three times as likely to succumb to injuries sustained from accidents as well as other causes such as homicide and my college good, even suicide. When seeking an explanation as to these health profiles, it is important to take into consideration the historical context of the changing environment that the types of formats for research papers, Aborigines have had to java research papers contend with. Prior to European colonization, these individuals were used to types of formats for research a supportive environment as well as a multifaceted social support network. They also had an advanced comprehension of their ecology which was advantageous in providing all their nutritional and java research, health requirements.

This was also enhanced by an active lifestyle whose foundation was a community that promoted a family culture that exhibited psychosocial veracity (White, 2002). The advent of colonization brought with it a change in lifestyle making the types papers, Aborigines more inactive and dependent on the European settlers. This resulted in their acquisition of undesirable products and coursework on a cv, infectious diseases that their health systems were not equipped to types for research papers handle. Java Research! At the same time, a societal shift was noted that clashed with the types, culture, heritage as well as the concept of family that the Aborigines were used to. In recent years, there has been an effort at social integration coupled with dealing with public health issues at all facets of the community (Carson, Dunbar amp; Chenhall, 2007). However, even with an overall reduction in the mortality and read stegner wallace why, death rates of all Australians, it is noted that the Aboriginal community still records significantly higher rates of the same. Due to the overall effect that historical events have had on the Aboriginal community including lack of education, poor employment opportunities, elevated drug and alcohol abuse, the improvement of health amongst this community continues to be an uphill battle. Other problems are as a result of the lack of access to types of formats for research health services by some Aboriginal communities. This is credited to both the physical distance to such amenities as well as various aspects of hotel, cultural insensitivity.

Due to the occupation of rural areas by the Aboriginal people, they accessibility to healthcare is of formats papers, hampered by the lack of cv, transport usually resulting in less frequent visits to health professionals. The cultural perception about health and types of formats papers, quality of health services also plays a major role in healthcare service provision (Germov, 2004). Indeed, it is noted that the Aborigines are more likely to be influenced by spiritual beliefs such as curses and punishment from alleged transgression than biomedical views on health. As a result, Aboriginal people are more likely to accept the views of traditional healers as opposed to opinions offered by Western health professionals. Other conflicts between traditional Aboriginal views and those provided under the constructs of biomedical provisions include the notion of my college essay good, informed consent especially when an types of formats approval is sought to proceed with a medical procedure. For instance traditional applications of the role of kinship as well as community relationships will take precedence, in the minds of the Aborigines, over that of the sole consent of a patient (McGrath amp; Phillips, 2008). My College Good! These cultural differences also expand into the concepts of immediacy and time, the comprehension of health and illness, as well as information on the potential benefits, and harms of treatment especially when a language barrier is present thereby hindering the patient-doctor interaction. In precis of the epidemiological aspects of Aboriginal health, it is noted that the advent of European colonization brought with it the change in the community’s health structure. This was either due to an alteration of the types for research, epidemiological dynamics of diseases that were already present including an induction of novel and contagious diseases, or by a change in lifestyle increasing the vulnerability of the indigenous people to such ailments. Irrespective of the sources of the problem, it is noted that the prevalence of health problems is higher in Aborigines than in non-aborigines with inequities arising due to essay inadequate healthcare for the former, as well as cultural disparities that exist between the types papers, two societies and that promote the further segregation of java research papers, health services among them.

When making considerations into the various views held by types of formats for research, social theorists to the situations faced by Aborigines, a further analysis can be drawn into the health situation and the disparities faced by this community in relation to that of my college good, non-aborigines. Marx’s view of class, work and alienation, is such a theory. Of Formats For Research Papers! This theory has been utilized by cant wallace, many ideologists who have affirmed the presence of an oppressive structure in of formats papers, any society that is maintained by the dominant culture, language or social position (Western amp; Najman, 2000). The lesser group therefore undergoes manipulation and control at the will of the more ascendant group. This phenomenon is also noted to traverse generations, cultures and time therefore being present in all societies. To further its causes, the dominant culture promotes its ideologies through education as well as other services provisions which favor the ruling class and keep the lesser group unaware of their rights. Thus the ownership of power of capital maintain structures that provide for the maintenance and concentration of form writing, this power among the types of formats for research, elite thereby ensuring that it is not lost or watered down with the effects of time. Such structures, according to various social theorists, extend past the constructs of schools and education and even go as far as health provisions such as the case under study (McGrath amp; Phillips, 2008). In the societal and cultural context of the state of Aboriginal health in Australia, it can be argued that its structure over time has been altered to serve the best interests of the more dominant non-aboriginal communities.

As a result, the Aboriginal people have received constant interference, oppression and misinterpretation as to form thesis writing the rights that are provided to them in healthcare as well as other community services that they are entitled to. There are also similarities noted between this form domination and the colonialist tyranny by Europeans over other societies in Africa, South American and parts of East Asia. The main effect of such oppression was the changing of the mindset or perceptions of the indigenous communities as to their rights and for research papers, the changes they had to make to their traditions (Grbich, 2004). Illiteracy! Proponents of this view argue of its accurate assertion on of formats for research, the negative Western attitudes towards cultural aspects and the wellbeing of Aboriginal people and how these have been propagated in all aspects of the society, including healthcare provision. This can therefore be construed as the actions of a dominant culture that reserves its gains in science to not only promote the agenda of cant essay i other stegner, this ‘stronger’ community but to also portray the Aborigines as being crushed and submissive.

This further alienates the two societies further alienating the Aboriginal people and resulting in cultural insensitivity. Indeed, this has been noted as one of the reasons behind why the Aborigines do not advocate for the use of biomedical options of treatment but opt to stick to traditional forms of types papers, healing based more on their spiritual beliefs. The sociological change in relation to this theory can be observed with the Aboriginal approach at self-empowerment in which they aim at gaining the java papers, necessary skills to seek their rights thereby gaining security from current and future forms of oppression. Types! This is essay good, evident with the acceptance by the Aboriginal communities to not only seek biomedical approaches to of formats for research papers treatment but to also comprehend the underlying aspects of science and language that the le normandie lessay, non-aboriginal communities had used to oppress them in the past. By taking a proactive approach at undertaking research into the health issues affecting them as well as the possible application of their findings into their communities, the Aboriginal people are gaining assurance and assertion from the knowledge of medicine and other forms of science through. As a result, the possibility of improving their health and types of formats, wellbeing becomes an ever-closer reality (White, 2002). Another perspective that can be adopted scrutinize issues based on Aboriginal health are those proposed by Erving Goffman. This theorist discussed various notions such as stigma, passing, deviance and hotel lessay, social control and of formats, how these affected social structures and the manner in which individual members of a community interacted with each other. For instance, Goffman affirmed that the prevalence of stigma resulted from the lack of comprehension of an unknown, with this perspective leading to a change of attitude or behavior towards the object under scrutiny.

This theorist further described three forms of stigma including physical abominations, imperfections of character, and tribal stigma (Lewis, 2003). Aspects of the latter form can therefore be observed in the provision of essay wallace why, healthcare to Aboriginal communities being neglected by the mainstream communities that are predominantly non-aboriginal. For Research Papers! This is due to my college good a lack of understanding of the Aboriginal customs and beliefs especially regarding health and illness and the associated forms of treatment. Similarly proponents of the theorist’s views assert the clear observations of aspects of social control against Aboriginal communities in all aspects of the society, and including the types of formats, healthcare system. In the essay good, past, some form of segregation has been observed amongst healthcare providers when offering their services to Aborigines and non-aborigines (Carson et al. Types Of Formats! , 2007). The poor delivery of health services the former leads to the deplorable health state of this particular community and can be further attributed to the widening gap between the states of health on a community level. Providing primary health care to coursework cv meet specific Aboriginal needs has not been put under consideration with this being a major indicator of the flaws of the system. Various other social theorists have added their diverse views about the state of health of the Aboriginal community in Australia. According to McGrath amp; Phillips (2008), research into the effects of public health system and especially on the response by various institutions to indigenous public health needs is lacking.

At the types for research papers, same time, healthcare provision for aboriginal communities is form style, not directed by the needs of the indigenous people, as it should be, thereby demonstrating a flaw in the power structure between non-aboriginal health experts and Aboriginal health workers. As a result, provision of indigenous health care takes a back seat thereby promoting the already deplorable state of affairs. Such a notion is further promoted by the sociological view that the types, flaws in the public healthcare systems that are not in the favor of the Aboriginal community, stem from the coursework cv, unbalanced nature of the political economy. According to this perspective, the political and economic relations that exist promote the negative effects noted in the public healthcare system. The asymmetrical access that the Aboriginal people have to the political and economic resources in Australia is therefore translated into various structural and situational disadvantages such as the lack of access to health services by Aboriginal communities. Types Of Formats! At the same time, the public health system is flawed for dealing with population-based aspects of healthcare in which the population is considered to be asocial. The resultant notion therefore asserts that the public health system assumes that the java research papers, needs of various communities are similar and types papers, that no underlying societal disparities exist (Western amp; Najman, 2000). Java Papers! The resultant situation is types of formats papers, that of a system that deals with the needs of the predominant culture or community which in on a, this case is that of the non-aborigines and types for research papers, neglects the needs of the lesser communities. This leads to the lack of appropriate health care for the needs of the Aboriginal people further adding to the poor state of health affairs faced by style, the indigenous societies. In retrospect, the sociological explanations behind the state of Aboriginal health are noted to be based on of formats for research, flaws in the political and economic structures that provide the basis of public health.

As a result, a relation can be further made between the papers, social and political influences and the provision of public healthcare to Indigenous communities. Such flawed structures can therefore be blamed for the poor state of affairs in a situation that can be controlled by an emphasis for health services that cater for the needs of the Aboriginal community. Such systems should also not offer any room to any form of of formats, segregation whether as a result of on a cv, stigma or as a result of forms of oppression by a dominant culture over another that it deems as inferior. Aboriginal health is indeed an important aspect of health, illness and well-being in Australia that needs consideration. The increasing disparities that are noted between the states of health of Aborigines and types papers, non-aborigines provide a sufficient need to worry especially with the differences being added by sociological boundaries that exist in the healthcare system.

The changes in social, political and economic attitudes should provide a foundation to improve health services and awareness of the Aboriginal community in order to increase life expectancy, decrease mortality rates at all stages of life, reduce the impact of diseases and enhance the social and emotional well being of members of this and research, all communities, thereby leading to a unified healthy nation. Types Of Formats For Research! Works Cited.

Order Paper Writing Help 24/7 -
Home - Citation Styles: APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian, IEEE

An Exam Reader#039;s Advice on Writing. Types Of Formats Papers. Lakeland High School. During my experience as a Reader, I have learned a few things about writing that I would like to share with other teachers. My College. I hope you’ll find my observations helpful as you think about encouraging your students to do their best on types of formats for research the writing section of the AP English Literature Exam. Students should not begin writing until they fully comprehend the prompt and/or the passage. Mere parroting of the prompt often leads to floundering around instead of developing a clear direction. I recommend that you advise your students to write directly on the passage and make quick notes and cant essay outlines in the margins. This planning enables most writers to organize their ideas more efficiently. I have found that teaching students acronyms for reading and writing strategies (DIDLS, TP-CASTT, etc.) can work wonders. (These terms are discussed in the AP Vertical Teams Guide for English , 2002.) While your very best students might not need them, less able students can find them useful ways to begin. I often suggest that my own students not only mark up the types of formats for research papers, passage, but also use the margins to fill in some of the acronym steps.

This active planning takes an extra five minutes or so, but I’ve found that it’s well worth the time. Students who fail to read closely frequently wind up paraphrasing rather than analyzing the passages. Papers. Planning helps them stay focused. Although AP Readers are instructed to read the entire essay and not to be prejudiced by types for research papers a weak introduction, a strong opening paragraph can be a real asset to a student’s paper. When answering the free-response part of the AP English Exams, writers should answer the question quickly and avoid beginning with ideas that do not relate directly to the prompt. My College Essay. The following hypothetical introduction for Question 1 on the 2002 AP English Literature Exam provides an example of types of formats for research papers what not to do: “All people at some point in time have encountered a great deal of trouble in their lives. I know of so many people who have been embarrassed by parents that will wave at you from across a room.

I have a friend who told me that her parents did this very same thing.” Such generalities often signal a writer’s inability to respond in a thoughtful manner, suggesting that the rest of the paper also may be incoherent or rambling. Education Essay. The Reader might begin to types for research papers, suspect that the student is just trying to bluff his or her way through the question. One-sentence perfunctory introductions—especially ones that repeat the wording of the form style writing, prompt—also work poorly, suggesting to the Reader that the student isn’t particularly interested or doesn’t care. I recommend that teachers tell students to create an introduction strong enough to earn a grade of types of formats for research 3 all by itself. That means that students should learn ways to answer the entire prompt—not simply repeat it—in the introduction. This indicates to the Reader that the paper could be heading into the upper-half zone.

One way to help students improve their beginning is by providing them with several introductory paragraphs from good papers that have earned a wide range of scores and asking them to identify stronger and of formats for research papers weaker openings. (Sample papers are available on the Exam homepage for the course.) Rubrics especially designed for introductory paragraphs also can be helpful. After having students collect examples of several strong openings, you may want to my college good, ask them to develop their own rubric for introductory paragraphs. Types. Use paragraphs and topic sentences. Style Thesis. Although it may seem like a small matter, students should indent paragraphs clearly. For Research Papers. A paper without indentation or with unclear indentation often confuses a Reader. Paragraphs create the fundamental structure of the essay, and without them good ideas can get muddled. Java Research Papers. Most essays I’ve seen that do not use paragraphs tend to of formats, be full of confused and rambling thoughts. Many writers find topic sentences a useful tool both for organizing paragraphs and also for helping Readers navigate through the coursework cv, essay.

To score at least a 3, students would be wise to make use of pertinent references from the text. Types Of Formats For Research Papers. Encourage them to use specific quotations to education illiteracy, back up their assertions. However, remind them that they must explain their quotes clearly and demonstrate how they are relevant to the question. It is important for young writers to realize that offering long quotes without explanation bogs down the essay and can give the undesirable impression that the student is types of formats for research papers, trying to fill up space rather than answer the prompt! Short, choppy sentences without variety indicate a student who has little background in grammar and style, perhaps someone who has read and hotel le normandie written minimally. Types Of Formats For Research Papers. Teach students how to my college essay, connect ideas with transitional wording, participial phrases, appositives, subordinate clauses, etc. For Research Papers. I ask my students to imagine children making the same tower or castle each time they played with blocks. Coursework On A. They soon would become bored. Likewise, both writers and of formats for research readers get bored when everything is formulaic, lacking some individual pizzazz!

I suggest asking them to experiment with different sorts of syntactical devices to essay, help them develop a sense of style. An arsenal of appropriate vocabulary and analytical wording reveals a brilliant mind at work, but writers should make certain that the words fit. Some students stick in big words just to sound scholarly. Ironically, some of their papers score only a 2 because they lack clarity and sometimes say nothing of relevance to the prompt. Types For Research. I advise my students to use the hotel lessay, active voice as much as possible as one remedy for repetition and other superfluous wording.

I also suggest encouraging them to of formats for research papers, develop a mental thesaurus, so they will have a large variety of education illiteracy words available as they compose.

Write My Paper -
Student s Guide to Citation Styles for Research Papers - HTML com

Do You Use Quotation Marks or Italics for Song and Album Titles? I love music. I’ve been teaching myself to types for research, play guitar, and I can stumble my way through four or five songs without wanting to poke holes in my eardrums, but my main appreciation for music is when other people play it. I’m an avid Spotify user, and coursework, I take a lot of pride in my ability to types of formats for research papers, make kickass playlists. On A Cv? One of my girlfriends has even given me the types of formats for research papers, green light to create her hypothetical wedding reception playlist. So obviously, when I write about a song or album, I know when to use quotation marks and when to le normandie, use italics. Let’s discuss.

Photo by Jo.Anne11. Here’s how it works: Song titles are always surrounded by quotation marks, like *NSYNC’s “Bye Bye Bye,” or “A Whole New World” from Disney’s Aladdin . Album titles, on the other hand, are always italicized. For example, while I will openly admit to loving Journey’s power ballad “Faithfully,” I think pretty much every song on their Greatest Hits album should be sung at karaoke nights across the country. Sunday night was the closing ceremony of the Olympics, and I don’t know if you were paying attention, but the Spice Girls were there and dancing it up (well, except for types of formats, Posh). Take fifteen minutes and write about the hypothetical conversation the ladies of the group had in my college essay good, determining the songs they would play for types papers, the ceremony (or any other band in any other situation is fine too). Post your practice in the comments, and leave notes for other writers brave enough to publish as well. It was blowing up a. storm when we started to practice, but that don’t stop Effie. He thinks you gotta play no matter what.

If the tornado sirens go off down in town and. one of our old ladies calls to tell us so, he’ll say, “Ya’ll can go get in your. fraidey holes if you want to. Me, I’m. playing my fiddle.” Well, you can’t go to. the storm cellar with your tail between your legs, so we stay, me and Vander. and Larry, even though Larry, who plays the form style thesis writing, washtub, lost his house in the. tornado of ’96 and he shakes when the sky rumbles. And then Effie’ll start in on some song like “When.

The Roll Is Called Up Yonder,” just to types of formats for research papers, put his spin on how things might turn. out if a twister does find us. So we’re playing, me. on the bass, and we’re looking out the essay read why, window, where you can see the sky. turning the color of a two-day bruise, and Larry’s sweating and Vander’s got. his eyes shut like he does when he plays mandolin, and of formats, Effie, truth be told, is. a flat-out bully. So he’s getting the show. list together and acting like everything’s business as usual. “I think we should.

start with “Sitting On The Front Porch,” he says. Crowd pleaser, every time. And then, “Baby’s Little Shoes.” And then “Walking. With Clementine” for the old folks. We’ll. finish with “God Bless the U.S.A,” since the veteran’s home is bringing a bus. Lightning is hitting. closer, the sky like the Fourth of July. Larry’s done sat down, turned all pale as fresh milk. Larry’s a big man. Form Style? He can’t button his overalls up all the papers, way.

on the side, so when he doubles over and then falls out of the hotel lessay, fold-up chair, none of us knows what to types of formats, do. mouth-to-mouth,” Effie says, while the rest of us are trying to form style writing, right him. Larry comes to types papers, soon. enough, just as the essay, hail starts. “My new truck,” he. says, and for research, shakes his head. You know when people say you’re green at illiteracy essay the gills? All our trucks are parked. outside, and all of ‘em are getting blasted. I see my old Dodge, the one I’ve had since May left me, the hail, big as. cotton bols hitting it, and of formats for research, it makes me sick.

And then I remember Effie’s truck. His is. in the carport. Well, sure it is, I. Vander, who preaches. every other Sunday over in the Cavanaugh bottoms, says, “Shit fire,” and on a, hits. the wall. Types For Research Papers? We are in the town hall of.

Rudy, a little Craftsman house donated by Mayor Giles Walker’s family when he. passed, and the photos of the veterans shake when he does it. The rain flashes down. Pounding everything, soaking through my back. windshield that was shattered by the hail. “Mercy sakes,” is all. Larry stands up, grabbing my arm to on a cv, do it. Types For Research Papers? He’s about papers, as. wide as he is tall, and he’s near about pulls me down.

“I’m off like a prom. dress,” he says, “so don’t try to types of formats papers, stop me.” And then he turns to Effie. helpful as a boar with teats,” he says, you know that? You act like you’re the. bread and butter of The Frog Bayou Boys.”

He points to me. “But Columbus. here, he might not play as good as you like, but he’s the java papers, one got the news. folks out here to types of formats, do that story calling us the best band in the River Valley. And he books every show, and java, when you get. drunk, let’s just be honest here, when you get drunk, you can’t play worth. Effie came after. Larry. Effie’s a little action figure of.

a man, but he fights mean, and it took Vander and me to stop him. We were holding Effie. by his scrawny arms, and he was kicking, his cowboy boots flying off the wood. floor, so that we were mostly holding him up. “You are a liar and a. snake,” Larry Brammel. “A liar and a. snake. You’re going to of formats for research papers, go straight to. hell with gasoline drawers on, and when you do, I’ll play my fiddle on coursework on a cv, your. Vander stepped in. “Ya’ll cut it out. Nobody’s dying,” he said. “Effie,” he said, and pointed, “you and Larry. need to types of formats for research papers, quit showing your butts.

That show on education, Saturday pays $100, plus they. feed us. We ain’t had a show like that. since we played that Red, White and types for research, Bluegrass gig for the rich ladies who. wanted to essay, dress up in thousand dollar boots and wear tight jeans and of formats for research papers, drink beer. in front of hotel their husbands.” And then Vander bowed.

up, like I never seen him do before. “And. Effie, we ain’t playing “Walking With Clementine.” The old folks can do without. it for one dang night. I wrote my own. song and types for research, I want to sing it. On A Cv? It’s called “She.

Broke My Heart And Stole My Wallet.” That’ll get ‘em going,” Vander said. I’d known Vander. thirty-two years, and that was the first I’d heard of his songwriting. His new girlfriend, the of formats for research papers, one who brought over the. Mexican casserole when Vander’s wife died, was likely the inspiration for this. Word was, she was. over in Branson now, hooked up with a cowboy singer who wore a Bolo tie and.

colored his hair. red. My College Essay Good? He looked hotter than blue blazes, like he might catch fire at any minute. And. then he backed down, his shoulders falling. He looked at all of us, me and Larry and of formats, Vander, and on a, then he said, “Fine, that’s fine with me. I been carrying you. ya-hoos for way too long.” Larry cuffed him on. the arm, and then they shook hands, and the rain fell, and types papers, the thunder roared, but nobody moved for my college good, a minute. Effie had a bottle in.

his fiddle case, and he went to get it. “Ain’t. nobody driving till the types of formats papers, rain stops,” he said. “And that includes you, Larry.” And then we sat down, and passed the bottle until Vander started singing. “I loved a girl from on a, Minnesota. Loved her with a passion true. Of Formats For Research Papers? And then stole my dad burn wallet, took it out. and followed you. You must be a handsome. cowboy. Hotel Le Normandie Lessay? You must look like Johnny.

Cash. Types For Research? But when I find my little Cindy, I. will tell her that she’s trash.” We were laughing. then. Hotel Le Normandie Lessay? And Effie brought out his fiddle, and I picked up my bass, and Vander his mandolin.

Larry drug out the washtub, and we got back. at it, the Frog Bayou Boys, just as good as new. Wow, Marla, if you’re not from those parts then you’ve got one wild imagination, girl! Well done, and then some. Types Of Formats Papers? The phrasing, the way you used the form style thesis, anarchic terminology, and even the names were spot on, perfect. Beautiful! Thank you, Yvette.

I can’t take credit. Of Formats For Research? I live with these people and these voices. Thesis Writing? It’s like music to me. Types Papers? We get teased A LOT but I wouldn’t trade the dialect or the cadence for essay, anything. I love this. The gig, the of formats, music, the attitudes. My College Essay? And the dialogue is of formats for research genuine county-folk! Good work, Marla! You’re so nice. I love the music we have in the South, the java, twangy, ball-your-eyes-out stuff that connects us all and types of formats for research papers, makes us feel less alone. And I know men like these, I’ve heard them play, so writing this was easy.

Great writing Marla. I agree with the others you really have that dialect (which I’m also familiar with) down pat. Thank you, Mariaanne. Where are you from? I live in Lynchburg Va now but was originally from Norfolk. The accent you are writing sounds like an on a, Appalachian accent to types of formats for research, me.

Where are you from? Mariaanne, I live in Lynchburg, too! We have two crit groups here and would love for you to join us. Email me at charmainetdavis at yahoo dot com. Charmaine – I can’t believe it. Will you please email me? mhvest@yahoo.com. I’d love to join you. When and where do you meet? I had a playlist for my wedding that included “One Day My Prince Will Come” and “If You Wish Upon a Star.” Since I’m still single, it’s “The Impossible Dream.”

It depends if you’re writing for American or British publications. In the US, song titles are always “Jumping Jack Flash” but in the UK they’re often ‘Midnight Rambler’. It’s caused me no end of headaches writing for both. They punctuate dialogue differently in the UK too don’t they? I think the way they do it makes more sense actually but I don’t like to think about it too much or I get confused.

I imagine it’s hard to write both ways. Agreed. The UK punctuates more logically. I had points knocked off of education college papers for employing that punctuation, tried to defend it with no success. Ha! Punctuation Wars – my kind of rebellion!

I’m in the US. In high school, I got marked off for spelling aluminum as “aluminium.” The teacher actually asked if I was British. Ten years later, I’d still argue I was technically correct. sorry so long to reply. Yet, after recent happenings, I can only hope that we can just get back to debating language.

God Bless us All. Thanks for replying Eric Foster!! Does also apply to other works that have a part/whole relationship? I’m thinking specifically of “short stories” and The Collection They Come in of formats, or “poems” and Chap Books. I can’t make any italics work in this application, so I’ll indicate italics with [i] at the beginning and at hotel the end of each title I intend to types of formats for research papers, be italicized. The state-of-the-art bus pitched only slightly with the dips and rolls of Interstate 35 — not like those death-traps they used to cant essay stegner wallace, ride in the ’40s and ’50s — on the way up to Fort Worth and Billy Bob’s. He walked down the aisle toward his stateroom with the practiced sea-legs of an old salt, noticing that his harp-player, Mickey, had gone to sleep and was droolin’ in his lap.

“HEY MICK YOUR FLY’S OPEN!” he barked in that sargeant’s voice he could assume on a moment’s notice. Mickey jumped awake and then amiably shot him the bird. He laughed in types, his baritone voice and walked on into his quarters. Billy Bob’s. Let’s see — that crowd likes the ’70s stuff off the coursework on a cv, concept albums, sprinkled ’round the of formats papers, edges with the early Nashville songs. Lessay? Let’s do, let’s do — he got his legal pad and licked the point of his stubby pencil — Let’s do “Bloody Mary Mornin'” and of formats for research papers, “Walkin'” from [i]Phases and Stages[i]. Follow that with “Hello Walls” from [i]And then I Wrote[i]. He sat before the big window and watched the country roll by, remembering. Remembering. The world was a different place when I got started. I’m an extrememly lucky man, he thought.

All the my college, close shaves — I could easily have gone the way of Hank. All the little one-horse planes I’ve flown in, I also could have had the same end as Jim Reeves, or Patsy, God love ‘er. Gotta do “Crazy” tonight in honor of Patsy. For Research Papers? That’s another’un offa [i]And Then I Wrote[i]. Sold that’un for fifty dollars when my kids needed shoes, and I’d do it again too. He picked up the illiteracy essay, old spanish guitar with the hole in it where his right hand had worn through the wood over of formats papers, the decades, and began to strum it. Java? Key of E. Began to sing just a little bit, soft and low: “In___ the types papers, twighlight glow I see__ her . . .” And then stopped.

All those years. Form Thesis Writing? All those songs. All those changes. Phases and stages. Yes, I’m lucky, it’s still hard to believe just how lucky.

Gotta find a spot for “Blue Eyes” tonight too. [i]Red-Headed Stranger[i]. Sometimes, he realized, I look in papers, the mirror and that’s who I see. Wow! I love this. The part about the hole in the guitar is gold. And I love your main character. I’d go hear him, in a heartbeat. Thank you all for education illiteracy essay, your kind comments.

The piece is about Willie Nelson, I just didn’t name him. Types Papers? All of the album and song titles are real, as is the hole in his guitar; just look closely the next time you see him playing on tv and you’ll see it. I had a lot of fun writing this! I’ve always been amused by Willie’s “holy” guitar. He’s such a kook.

I forgot DISQUS doesn’t allow italics. Sorry about that John. Essay? Way to make it work #128578; That was really well done John. It’s kind of sad to hear him thinking about old times but he seems to types of formats for research papers, be a pretty happy guy overall. I like the hole in the guitar too as well as the guy drooling in his sleep.

Gross but probably about my college essay, right. Good article. Quick and to the point. Thanks! Not kickass playlists if they have Journey in them lol… It will really depend on how are you going to types for research, use those kind of quotations in your writing but I what I have observed, this kind of thing was being used by most writing especially if when they emphasized a title on their writing. I was going to ask about the title of a composition and the movements but after reading the program magazine I realized that italics are used for both.

I think I have been doing that correctly. I was worried. Her hand twisted the edge of cant essay i other stegner wallace why her shirt as the smell of sawdust filled the air. The crowd’s noises dimmed, her heart beat louder in her ears and her palms dampened as she climbed the stage stairs. Of Formats For Research? Though she had practiced long hours she was nervous anticipating singing “China Girl” from John Cougar Mellancamp’s, (italics American Fool italics), album. You should try djing. It’s easy if you can already make a good playlist. If you’re already a good selector, all you have to do is pre-cue the next song in your headphones then drop it on the 1. Really easy stuff.

You can buy the app, djay, for ios devices and log in with your spotify account for java papers, access to your playlists and stuff. We need more female djs. My first concert experience was of types one that I would not easily forget, it was Summer Jam hosted by Hot 97. The concert had a majority of education illiteracy essay middle class rappers playing their hot singles. I came there for a select few: 50 Cent, Fabolous and types of formats for research, Young Thug. The other performing artists were mainly for the female demographic, like Fetty Wap and my college essay, Ty Dolla $ign.

What I really enjoyed about this concert is they did not only play songs from types of formats papers, this current generation, they reached out to other generations as well. The biggest example of form thesis this is seeing 50 Cent preform. He played hits from his Get Rich or Die Tryin’ album all the way up to his recent The Kanan Mixtape. I was going ballistic when I heard him preform a new track “I’m the Man” and decided to of formats, take us back to 2003 with “In da Club” immediately after. The artists I came for did not disappoint. And if you are writing dialogue, I do not recall seeing two double quotation marks at end of dialogue. Maybe I am wrong. For instance, “Baby, you know I love Ted’s “Stranglehold,”” he fired back. I have seen a single followed by a double quotation at end of form style thesis dialogue after the types for research, comma or period.

So maybe that’s why the King’s English prefers single over double? This saved my essay. Thanks Liz! I was looking for some advice about essay wallace, quote/italics for song/movie/book titles and got totally side-tracked by your Journey reference. When I rule the world, I promise you will get your wish. Journey will be piped directly into people’s heads so they can all become happier and more well rounded. Tee Hee. For Research Papers? Keep up the good work. #128521; The Excavators play Brady Wilkenson’s 8th Birthday Bash! This past Saturday afternoon was Brady Wilkensen’s birthday party, and he could think of no better live entertainment than his father’s heavy metal band, The Excavators. When Brady suggested the education essay, idea, his dad felt honored, albeit unsure whether the mothers of his son’s 8-year-old classmates and friends would appreciate the types of formats, lyrical content of his band’s hits, especially “Rotting Flesh” and “Glory Hole” off their latest album (i) In it for the Lingue Hall. (i)

Instead of becoming the third grade parents’ worst nightmare, Mr. Form Style Thesis Writing? Wilkensen figured he’d tone things down quite a bit to become more palatable to the kids and their discerning parents. He got the members of the Excavators together, sure, but instead of “Rock My Grave,” the types of formats for research, afternoon’s selections included “Punk Rock Teacher” and “All My Friends Headbang” off their pseudo EP (i) Songs for the Peanut Gallery (i). The party was to be held at Bringadown Hall, in a posh country club in the suburb where Brady and hotel le normandie lessay, his family resided. Mr. Wilkenson figured that his band had better revamp their look for this gig as well.

Instead of their usual studs and leather, the Excavators came to of formats for research, the party dressed in red t-shirts, jeans, and papers, letter jackets that evoked high school in the ’70s. The band decided to of formats for research papers, even craft some improv tunes on the subject of the party’s goings-on. and present them to Brady and cant read why, his guests at the end of the show. “Pizza on my Face, What a Disgrace!” did so well among Brady’s friends that the types of formats papers, Excavators decided to include it on their upcoming album, (i) Smells like Burnt Crust (i). Rather than the hotel le normandie lessay, utter disgust that would have been sure to follow had the band performed its signature material, (i) Songs for the Peanut Gallery (i) was lauded by parents and children alike as a “too-cool-for-school crowd pleaser.” Brady bragged from for research, that day forward that he had the coolest dad in town, and hotel, his 8th birthday party became the epitome of types for research birthday bash success in the eyes of the entirety of illiteracy essay Willten Elementary School’s student body, whether they’d attended the party or heard about types for research, it from a friend-of-a-friend’s brother. “Whew,” Mr. Wilkenson said to his wife when the party was over, “that was a good call!” Thanks Liz, good info!

Here’s my sentence in question: “They. just ran out the back door singing it to the tune of coursework ‘Row, Row, Row Your. Boat’.” It is dialog, and according to what I’m reading, I should use double quotes around the song and at the end of the sentence. Types Papers? Correct? So how can we find you on Spotify.

You got me curious about your playlist curation abilities, so I searched for you on Spotify to research papers, no avail. For Research Papers? Alernately, come find me by illiteracy, searching for my name: “Rodney Lewis”

Write My Paper -
MLA APA & CMS: Guide to Properly Formatting Academic Writing

Extraction and Evaporation Recrystallization Essay. 1. To the components of a simulated pharmaceutical preparation, Panacetin, and identifying the unknown component of the types mixture through extraction and separation methods. 2. To learn how to purify by recrystallization, how to dry them and how to obtain a melting point. PRECAUTION: ACETANILIDE AND PHENACETIN ARE EYE AND SKIN IRRITANTS. Minimize contact with your unknown compound. In this experiment, Panacetin, a pharmaceutical preparation will be separated from its components by making use of their solubilities and acid-base properties. Panacetin contains aspirin, sucrose and an unknown component that may be either acetanilide or phenacetin. Of the three components, only sucrose is on a cv insoluble in of formats for research, the organic solvent dichloromethane (CH2Cl2 or methylene chloride). The insoluble sucrose can be filtered out if Panacetin is dissolved completely in dichloromethane by hotel, gravity filtration or centrifugation leaving the types for research papers soluble aspirin, acetanilide and le normandie lessay, phenacetin in the solution. Although the for research acetanilide and aspirin are both quite insoluble in water at room temperature, the sodium salt of aspirin is very soluble in water but insoluble in dichloromethane. Aspirin, which is a strong acid can be converted to the salt, sodium acetylsalicylate by extraction with an i other read wallace aqueous solution of sodium bicarbonate . This salt will migrate from the types of formats for research dichloromethane layer, in which it is insoluble, to the aqueous layer, in which it is soluble.

The unknown component will stay behind in essay, the solution and can be isolated by evaporating the types of formats solvent from the dichloromethane solution. Adding HCl to the aqueous solution restores aspirin as an cant i other wallace why insoluble white solid. In the third experiment, the identity of the unknown component of Panacetin will be purified. Purification is necessary because the separation procedure may be imperfect leaving traces of small quantities in the compound after separation or chemical reactions may occur prior to or during the types of formats separation adding new impurities. The unknown component can be purified by illiteracy essay, recrystallization, in which an for research impure solid dissolves in a hot (usually boiling) solvent then crystallizes from the cooled solution in education illiteracy, a purer form. This experiment was followed from the textbook on pages 52-53 for experiment 2 and 59-60 for experiment 3 excluding the microscale part. First, weigh approximately 3.00 g of Panacetin and transfer it to a clean, dry 125 ml Erlenmeyer flask. Add 50 ml of dichloromethane to the flask , stir the mixture with a stirring rod to break up any lumps. When it appears that no more of the solid will dissolve, filter the mixture by gravity. Collect the undissolved solid on the filter paper and set it aside to dry. Of Formats For Research? Once it has completely dried, reweigh the solid.

This compound separated by gravity filtration is known as sucrose. Next, transfer the filtrate to a separatory funnel and extract it with two 30 ml portions of 5% sodium bicarbonate . For each extraction, use a stirring rod to stir the liquid layer until any fizzing subsides before a stopper is placed on the funnel and shaken. Dichloromethane will be on the bottom layer and will be drained to a different container. Transfer the dichloromethane layer back into the funnel for form style the second extraction. The upper layer will be transferred in an Erlenmeyer flask and will be used for recovery of acetanilide. Combine the two aqueous solutions in the same container and types for research, acidify slowly with 6M HCL to bring it to a pH of 2. Research? Cool the mixture to room temperature or below while swirling the flask occasionally in an ice bath.

Collect the aspirin by vacuum filtration. Wash the aspirin on the filter with cold distilled water. Dry the sample thoroughly before weighing and leave it in the hood for the next lab schedule. Before proceeding to recrystallization, triturate the compound with 20 ml of hexane. Crush the of formats for research papers solid with a stirring rod and filter. Recrystallize the unknown drug component from experiment 2 by boiling it with just enough water to dissolve it completely, then letting it cool to room temperature then to 0 C. In order to induce crystallization, it would be helpful to scratch the style writing walls of the flask so that crystals would have a surface to attach to. Use vacuum filtration to papers isolate the sample then dry the product to a constant mass and weigh in a tared vial. Grind a small amount of the my college essay good dry unknown component to a fine powder on types a watch glass using a spatula. Divide the solid into four equal portions. Combine portions 1 and 2. Mix portion 3 with an approximately equal amount of essay good, finely ground acetanilide and mix portion 4 with an approximately equal amount of finely ground phenacetin. Obtain the melting point ranges of the purified unknown (portions 1 and 2), mixture with acetanilide and types of formats for research papers, mixture with phenacetin.

Each melting point should be measured on two samples- more than that if melting points are imprecise or accurate. Safety Issues: (all of these are taken from MSDSonline.com) Potential Acute Effects: Hazardous in case of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation. Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact. Potential Chronic Health Effects: Hazardous in case of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation. Hotel Le Normandie Lessay? Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant). Eye and skin irritant. Potential Health Effects. Causes irritation to respiratory tract. Types Of Formats For Research? Has a strong narcotic effect with symptoms of mental confusion, light-headedness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting and java, headache. Causes formation of carbon monoxide in blood which affects cardiovascular system and central nervous system.

Continued exposure may cause increased light-headedness, staggering, unconsciousness, and even death. Exposure may make the symptoms of angina (chest pains) worse. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the gastrointestinal tract with vomiting. If vomiting results in aspiration, chemical pneumonia could follow.

Absorption through gastrointestinal tract may produce symptoms of central nervous system depression ranging from light headedness to unconsciousness. Causes irritation, redness and pain. Prolonged contact can cause burns. Liquid degreases the skin. May be absorbed through skin. Vapors can cause eye irritation. Contact can produce pain, inflammation and. temporal eye damage. Can cause headache, mental confusion, depression, liver effects, kidney effects, bronchitis, loss of appetite, nausea, lack of of formats for research, balance, and visual disturbances. Can cause dermatitis upon coursework, prolonged skin contact. Of Formats Papers? Methylene chloride may cause cancer in humans.

Aggravation of Pre-existing Conditions: Persons with pre-existing skin disorders, eye problems, impaired liver, kidney, respiratory or cardiovascular function may be more susceptible to the effects of this substance. Moderate Eye Irritation: Signs/symptoms may include redness, swelling, pain, tearing, and hotel lessay, blurred or hazy vision. Skin Contact: Moderate Skin Irritation: Signs/symptoms may include localized redness, swelling, itching, and dryness. May be absorbed through skin and types of formats, cause target organ effects. Inhalation: No health effects are expected.

May be harmful if swallowed. Gastrointestinal Irritation: Signs/symptoms may include abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea and vomiting. Repeated ingestion may cause: May be absorbed following ingestion and cause target organ effects. Research Papers? Target Organ Effects:

Prolonged or repeated exposure may cause: Auditory Effects: Signs/symptoms may include hearing impairment, balance dysfunction and ringing in the ears. Clotting Disorders: Signs/symptoms may include increased blood clotting time and internal bleeding (hemorrhage). Liver Effects: Signs/symptoms may include loss of for research, appetite, weight loss, fatigue, weakness, abdominal tenderness and jaundice. Central Nervous System (CNS) Depression: Signs/symptoms may include headache, dizziness, drowsiness, incoordination, nausea, slowed reaction time, slurred speech, giddiness, and education essay, unconsciousness.

Kidney Effects: Signs/symptoms may include reduced or absent urine production, increased serum creatinine, lower back pain, increased protein in types for research, urine, and increased blood urea nitrogen (BUN). Pulmonary Edema: Signs/symptoms may include chest discomfort, shortness of breath, significant cough with frothy sputum production, bluish colored skin (cyanosis), increased heart rate, respiratory failure and java, may be fatal. Single exposure may cause: Immunological Effects: Signs/symptoms may include alterations in the number of circulating immune cells, allergic skin and for research papers, /or respiratory reaction, and changes in immune function. 5. Sodium Bicarbonate. Warning! May cause respiratory tract irritation.

Causes eye and skin irritation. Target Organs: Blood, kidneys, heart, liver, eyes, skin. Potential Health Effects. Eye: Causes eye irritation. Skin: Causes skin irritation.

May be harmful if absorbed through the skin. Form Style Writing? Ingestion: May be harmful if swallowed. Types Of Formats For Research Papers? Causes gastrointestinal tract irritation. Java Research? Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation. May be harmful if inhaled. Chronic: May cause liver and kidney damage. For Research? Adverse reproductive effects have been reported in animals. Laboratory experiments have resulted in mutagenic effects. Essay Good? Chronic exposure may cause blood effects. 6. Hydrochloric Acid. POTENTIAL HEALTH EFFECTS:

Inhalation: May cause irritation (possibly severe), chemical burns, and pulmonary edema. Skin contact: May cause irritation (possibly severe) and chemical burns. Eye contact: May cause irritation (possibly severe), chemical burns, eye damage, and blindness. Ingestion: Not a likely route of types of formats, exposure. Target Organs Effected: Respiratory System, Skin, Eye. Chronic Effects: Repeated or prolonged exposure to dilute solutions may result in java, dermatitis. Discoloration of the teeth may occur as a result of long term exposure. Interaction with Other Chemicals Which Enhance Toxicity: None known Medical Conditions Aggravated by types of formats papers, Exposure: None known. In Experiment 2, the extraction of form writing, substances from one another is based on for research the differences in their physical and chemical properties. Approximately, 3.0029 g of panacetin was weighed and completely dissolved in 50 ml of dichloromethane and filtered. The residue was left to dry and weighed (sucrose).

Then 30 ml of NaHCO3 was added to the filtrate. This solution was transferred into a separatory funnel. This formed two layers. Top layer was the organic layer (NaHCO3) described as a clear liquid. Bottom layer was the le normandie lessay aqueous layer and was yellow in color. The filtrate was washed twice with NaHCO3. Types For Research? HCl was added to the aqueous solution until the pH equaled to 2.0.

It was filtered through vacuum filtration and allowed to cant wallace why dry until the next week’s lab. This filtrate is types of formats for research papers known as aspirin. Meanwhile, the unknown in the organic layer was also allowed to settle for the next experiment. In experiment 3, before we went to le normandie do recrystallization, we first did trituration of the unknown by adding 20 ml of hexane. We crushed the solid and filtered. Even with the addition of approximately 27 ml of boiling water into the compound, it started to dissolve.

That was the first clue that we have acetanilide as our unknown. Of Formats For Research? We went ahead and cv, continue heating and swirling the solution over a hot plate. There was the of formats for research formation of brown oil-like globules. We were then asked to decant the clear liquid from this solution. This clear liquid was allowed to cool to room temperature then to 0 C. There was formation of white crystals at the edge of the beaker. Le Normandie? Through vacuum filtration, we were able to filter the product, weighed and used for melting point measurement of the unknown. The solid was divided into 4 equal parts. First 2 parts were combined, 3rd part was mixed with acetanilide and of formats papers, the last part was mixed with phenacetin. After taking the melting points of all these 3 substances we were able to identify the unknown product to be acetanilide.

No big issues encountered during this experiment. Transferring some products as well as the final crystals from watch glass and filter paper and leaving some products were crucial to get the most final product. This explains why the percent recovery for the unknown was low. Some crystals fell off or didn’t transfer to the filter paper. Even though the % recovery was relatively low (88.4079%), this experiment still produced a 0.6898 g of product. This experiment was focused on two main objectives. First, the analysis of my college, panacetin to find out what percentages of sucrose, aspirin and the unknown component it contains. Second, to find out whether the types of formats papers unknown is java acetanilide and phenacetin.

A big part of the composition of panacetin was made up of the unknown. We were able to determine the of formats composition of sucrose to lessay be 17.95 %, Aspirin 26.93% and of formats for research, the unknown to be 55.12% After following the experiment procedures, we were able to purify through recrystallization the essay good end product to be acetanilide. This is an of formats for research papers odorless white crystalline solid substance which has a melting point of 114 C. Our experimental value for acetanilide’s melting point was 117 which indicates that the result had a very narrow range and close to read wallace the literature value. I would therefore conclude that we had isolated a close to pure product of acetanilide with little impurities present. 1. Types Of Formats For Research Papers? a. Describe any evidence that a chemical reaction occurred when you added 6 M HCl to the solution of sodium acetylsalicylate. A chemical reaction took place upon the addition of 6M HCl to a solution of sodium acetylsalicylate because a precipitate formed known as aspirin. b. Coursework? Explain why the changes that you observed took place. The observed change took place as a result of the acid reacting with the salt forming a compound insoluble in water.

2. Describe any explain the possible effect on your results of the following experimental errors or variations. In each case, specify the component (s) whose percentage(s) would be too high or too low. a. After adding dichloromethane to for research papers Panacetin, you didn’t stir or shake the mixture long enough. Improper stirring or shaking of the mixture will result in incomplete dissolution of the cant essay i other read stegner wallace why panacetin mixture. There will be loss of of formats for research, some solid analytes during filtration. The recovered amounts will be lower than they should be leading to a final percentage to be low. b. My College? During the NaHCO3 extraction you failed to mix the aqueous and organic layers thoroughly. If the aqueous and organic layers were not thoroughly mixed the acid would remain in the solution and the extraction would be less efficient resulting to a low percentage yield. c. You mistakenly extracted the types of formats for research dichloromethane solution with 5 % HCl rather. If 5% HCl is used instead of 5% NaHCO3 that would protonate the aspirin and keep it in the organic solution making the aspirin, acetylsalicyclic acid. d. Instead of using pH paper, you neutralized the sodium bicarbonate solution to pH 7 using litmus paper.

At ph7 the bicarbonate wouldn’t be able to papers act as a base and extract a proton because at of formats for research papers pH of 7 it would protonate itself so it wouldn’t be able to essay wallace why react with aspirin. 5. Types? Write a balanced reaction equations for the reactions involved a. When aspirin dissolves in cant essay, aqueous NaHCO3. C9H8O4 (aq) + NaHCO3 (aq) —– C9H7O4Na (aq) + CO2 + H2O Weak acid weak base Strong Base Strong acid. b. When Aspirin is precipitated from a sodium acetylsalicylate solution by HCL. C9H7O4Na + HCl ————-? C9H8O4 + NaCl Strong Base Strong acid Weak Acid Weak Base. Assuming that both reactions are spontaneous under the standard conditions, label the types stronger acid, stronger base, weaker acid and on a, weaker base in for research, each equation.

1. a. What is the minimum volume of boiling water needed to dissolve 0.200 g of phenacetin? b. About how much phenacetin will remain dissolved when the water is cooled. to room temperature? c. Calculate the maximum mass of solid (undissolved) phenacetin that can be recovered when the cooled solution is filtered. 0.200 g-0.0125 g (amount soluble in cold water)= 0.1875 g. 2. An unknown compound X is one of the four compounds listed in table 3.2. A mixture of X with benzoic acid melts at 89 C, a mixture of essay i other read stegner wallace why, X with phenyl succinate melts at 120 °C and a mixture of X with m-aminophenol melts at 102 °C. Give the identity of X and explain your reasoning. X is phenyl succinate. When a compound mixes with a different compound, the melting point of the mixture will be lower than the types for research papers melting points of either of the cant i other read why pure compounds.

Basing from the table, the of formats for research papers melting point of pure benzoic acid is 121 C but when mixed to X, it went down to 89 C. Likewise with O-toluic acid and cant i other read why, m-aminophenol. Papers? Since the melting point of mixture X with phenyl succinate has a melting point of 120 C, the cant essay read stegner why melting point of pure X must be equal or closer to types for research 121. Mixing X with phenyl succinate did not change the melting point thus X must be phenyl succinate. University/College: University of Chicago. Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter. Date: 8 May 2016.

Let us write you a custom essay sample on Extraction and Evaporation Recrystallization. for only $16.38 $13.9/page. 3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 267, Wilminton, DE 19808, USA.