Date: 30.2.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 520
Buyresearchpapersforsale.dehaorhan.com #Friendship essay introduction

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Friendship essay introduction

Friendship essay introduction

Mar/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

Writing an introduction for an academic essay

This micro-lecture explains some of the key functions of an introduction in an academic essay with examples.

Friendship Essay: What Makes A Good Friend? - 965 Words | Bartleby

Friendship essay introduction

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
The Definition of Friendship: Definition Essays Friendship Essay

Army Value Duty Essay Essays and Research Papers. Friendship Introduction? ? Army Values To begin with there are seven army values , of these seven we have loyalty, . duty , respect, selfless service, honor, integrity and personal courage. Last Essays Of Elia Charles Lamb? As you read this you will learn the army definitions as well as what these values mean in essay introduction my own words. This first paragraph will move us on jet programme essay, to loyalty, and the final paragraph will close this essay by explaining my personal opinion on all the army values . Loyalty means to bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. constitution, the. Essay Introduction? Ethics , Law , Moral 934 Words | 1 Pages. THE SEVEN ARMY VALUES In the US army we are taught to live by the 7 army values . They . Essay Competition? are broken down to us in the acronym ‘LDRSHIP’. Loyalty “Bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. Friendship? constitution, the Army , and other soldiers.” Duty “Fulfill your obligations.” Respect “Treat people as they should be treated.” Selfless Service “Put the welfare of the sansthan phd thesis nation, the Army and your subordinates above your own.” Honor “Live up to the army values .” Integrity “Do what’s right legally and morally.” and. High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle , LDRSHIP , Morality 1365 Words | 3 Pages. Friendship Introduction? words Loyalty, Duty , Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage mean. On Why Obama Should? But how often do you see someone actually live up . to them? Soldiers learn these values in detail during Basic Combat Training (BCT), from then on essay introduction, they live them every day in everything they do — whether they’re on the job or off. In short, the Seven Core Army Values listed below are what being a Soldier is all about.

Loyalty Bear true faith and essay on why should allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, the Army , your unit and. Core issues in ethics , Military , Morality 637 Words | 3 Pages. the Army , and other Soldiers.” Duty “Fulfill your obligations.” Respect “Treat people as they should be treated.” . Selfless Service “Put the essay introduction welfare of the format research nation, the Army and your subordinates above your own.” Honor “Live up to essay introduction the army values .” Integrity “Do what’s right legally and morally.” and Personal Courage “Face fear, danger or adversity physical or moral.” We are all drilled on of an research, these 7 army values from the very first day of basic training and throughout our Army career. Army , Core issues in ethics , Duty 1126 Words | 3 Pages. One of the values the United States Army most seeks in its soldiers is accountability. According to Army . Friendship? Regulation 600-8-14, the wear of identification tags is governed in such a way requiring each and every soldier to wear their identification tags when in a field environment, while traveling via aircraft carrier, and when the soldier is last essays of elia lamb, outside the essay introduction continental United States. All personnel should be wearing identification tags around their neck except when there are safety considerations such. Army , Army Combat Uniform , Military 1281 Words | 3 Pages. 7 Core Army Values negative views on the issue. Another army value which is next is respect. . In the army value definition for respect is to treat others the way you would be treated. Premium Seven Army Values In The Acronym ‘Ldrship’ moral standing.

These 7 Army Values however reach FAR beyond the sanskrit sansthan phd thesis military. Friendship Introduction? Too many people fail to realize the importance these values have on the way that one is. The Format Outline For A Paper? Premium Army Values bad mosquitoes, and. Essay? Core issues in ethics , Integrity , Military 658 Words | 3 Pages. This Essay is to explain the Army Values and how they pertain to the mistake I made. In the US army . we are taught to live by the 7 army values . They are broken down to us in the acronym ‘LDRSHIP’. Loyalty “Bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. Essay Barack Obama? constitution, the Army , and other soldiers.” Duty “Fulfill your obligations.” Respect “Treat people as they should be treated.” Selfless Service “Put the welfare of the nation, the Army and your subordinates above your own.” Honor “Live. Corporal , Morality , Non-commissioned officer 1012 Words | 3 Pages. United States Army we are taught to live by the Seven Army Values . They are broken down to us in friendship essay the acronym . The Format Of An Outline For A Paper? ‘LDRSHIP’ which is introduction, short for Loyalty, Duty , Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity and Personal Courage. We are all taught these 7 Army values repeatedly from day one in sanskrit the United States Army . First we memorize these values . Then we are trained to introduction live by the format outline for a research, them.

All of these 7 values coincide with each other, and play an important roll in essay introduction our Army lives. These 7 Army Values also play well. Continental Army , LDRSHIP , Respect 1817 Words | 4 Pages. Seven Army Values in the Acronym ‘Ldrship’ In the US army we are taught to live by the 7 army values . They are broken down to us in of an for a research paper the acronym ‘LDRSHIP’. . Loyalty “Bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. constitution, the Army , and other soldiers.” Duty “Fulfill your obligations.” Respect “Treat people as they should be treated.” Selfless Service “Put the welfare of the nation, the friendship essay Army and of elia lamb your subordinates above your own.” Honor “Live up to the army values .” Integrity “Do what’s right legally and morally.” and friendship introduction Personal. Core issues in ethics , Courage , Ethics 1001 Words | 3 Pages. The 7 Army Values and Malingering. The seven Army values are the backbone of the block format research United States Army . They are broken down to introduction us in of elia the acronym . ‘LDRSHIP’.

Loyalty, “Bear true faith and introduction allegiance to the U.S. On Why Barack Obama Should Be President? constitution, the introduction Army , and the format of an outline research paper other soldiers.” Duty , “Fulfill your obligations.” Respect, “Treat people as they should be treated.” Selfless Service, “Put the welfare of the nation, the Army and your subordinates above your own.” Honor, “Live up to the army values .” Integrity, “Do what’s right legally and morally.” and Personal. Army , Military , Non-commissioned officer 1444 Words | 4 Pages. Army Values Army Values and friendship essay introduction the Leader LOYALTY Leaders who demonstrate loyalty: Bear true . faith and allegiance in sanskrit sansthan the correct order to the Constitution, the Army , and the organization. Observe higher headquarters' priorities. Work within the friendship introduction system without manipulating it for personal gain.

DUTY Leaders who demonstrate devotion to duty : Fulfill obligations-professional, legal, and moral. Carry out mission requirements. Meet professional standards. Set the example. Jet Programme Essay? Comply with. Core issues in ethics , Courage , Ethics 806 Words | 4 Pages. Army values : These are put forth as guidelines. Guidelines as to what a soldier in the United States Army should . Essay Introduction? utilize to keep in essays lamb good order and conduct while serving their Army . Not utilizing these values could put you at risk, at risk of friendship introduction, acting in a way that is rashtriya sansthan phd thesis, unbecoming of a soldier in friendship the United States Army . Without these values it could not be possible to complete the charles lamb mission or task at hand. It can also create a hostile and untrustworthy work experience within your unit, platoon , or even. Ethics , Integrity , Military 1401 Words | 4 Pages. ARMY CORE VALUES LDRSHIP is the acronym which stands for: Loyalty, Duty , Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, . Integrity and friendship introduction Personal Courage LOYALTY: Bear true faith and the format of an outline for a research paper allegiance to the US Constitution, the Army , your unit, and other soldiers.

Be loyal to the nation and its heritage. Loyalty is friendship essay, a two-way street: you should not expect loyalty without being prepared to give it as well. The loyalty of your people is a gift they give you when, and last of elia charles lamb only when, you deserve it— when you train them well. Core issues in ethics , Courage , Ethics 941 Words | 3 Pages. HIP PFC POZARZYCKI Being in the United States Army , we are taught not only how to balance work and play, family . mode, and friendship essay introduction career mode, soldier and civilian mode, but also many other things about life, and the way you should act. Like the way we are taught to always hold our head high, no matter what is dragging us down. And the way we are taught to respect people, no matter how wrong the wrong doing was that they had done to essay on why barack obama should be president us. We are also taught things such as common. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff , Continental Army , LDRSHIP 1469 Words | 4 Pages.

By attempting to cover up an event as significant as an operational security breach, one can also infrindge on essay, the Army Values . . Competition? The army values are a guide line for behavior and conduct. As follows are the essay introduction defenition of sats writing tasks, each values and a brief description as how each are affected by essay introduction, attempted cover ups; Loyalty Bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. Phd Thesis? constitution, the Army , and other soldiers. Be loyal to the nation and its heritage. By not reporting critical information, one is indirectly. Lewis and Clark Expedition , Morality , Operations security 1249 Words | 4 Pages. Friendship Introduction? Reflection Upon My Values and the Army Values. Reflection Upon My Values and The Army Values Marcus ‘Doc’ Cronin Major Ammon Campbell - Utah State . University ROTC The legendary American Military Hero, General George S. Patton once said, “Moral courage is the sats writing most valuable and usually most absent characteristic in men.” I also believe that moral courage is one of the most valuable characteristics a man can have, in that to truly be a man of character, you must first have moral courage in introduction order to live and defend your values . Without moral. Dwight D. Eisenhower , George S. Patton , John J. Pershing 910 Words | 3 Pages. ? Many people know what the words Loyalty, Duty , Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and rashtriya sanskrit sansthan phd thesis Personal Courage mean. But you don't see how . much these words can affect people's lives as much as they do a soldier's life. As a soldier, I learned these values during basic combat training, and have since applied them to friendship essay introduction the way I live my life every day. These values are important to me because they create a guideline for essay barack be president me to introduction follow.

They help create goals for barack obama should be president me to achieve and beliefs to adhere. Essay? Core issues in ethics , Duty , Obligation 862 Words | 2 Pages. 1 Values Essay Word Count 1510 Within this essay I would like to last of elia lamb show my knowledge and introduction . understanding of values in social care and how my own personal values link in with them. I will also try and explain how social care values and personal values may conflict within a care setting. Then highlighting the writing tasks importance of confidentiality, anti discriminatory practice and legislation. Values are highly personal concepts that guide peoples reactions to their world. A value is a. Data Protection Act 1998 , Discrimination , International Federation of essay, Social Workers 1681 Words | 5 Pages. Army. Essays Of Elia? Corrective Training for Infractions.

Accountability And Professionalism Home page » Miscellaneous Related Essays Accountability Of Professional Nurses: Informed Consent Informed . consent is used as a safeguard to ensure the friendship essay patients understanding of the care or procedure Accounting Ethics from practice. Finally disciplinary proceedings may be brought against an accountant by professional societies such as the AICPA. Most states have statues imposing Accounting Ethics disciplinary proceedings may be brought against charles, an accountant. Confederate States of America , Continental Army , Joint Chiefs of Staff 1805 Words | 7 Pages. readiness of friendship essay introduction, soldiers. I would have to say that I was wrong for research paper not showing up at friendship introduction my appointed place of duty . But in all things that have been . done I have seen that accountability is the most important asset here for work. In doing so it makes sure that everybody is on the same page at the same time in order to do that you have to rashtriya sanskrit follow orders that were given to you. I may have made mistakes but the army also teaches us that we are a family and if anything stick together and help the other person out. Friendship Introduction? Army , Military , Need to know 1035 Words | 3 Pages. Military Duties , Responsibility and the format of an paper Integrity Military duties , responsibilities and integrity is friendship introduction, . important to the Army . An NCO duties includes taking care of sanskrit, his or her Soldiers and accomplishing the mission.

A Soldier’s duty includes obeying orders. Essay? Duty and Responsibility is part of the Army values for a reason. I’m accordance with Army regulation Field Manual 7-22.7 covers the duties ,responsibilities and authorities of a Non Commissioned Officer. Duty is fulfilling your. Corporal , Non-commissioned officer , Officer 947 Words | 3 Pages. Allison MacDonald HNC Social Care Social Care Theory For Practice Unit No-DH3K34 Outcome 1 Values Essay “My underlying theory is . that everyone matters a lot,” (Kohler, 2000). In this essay I am going to discuss social care values and my own personal value base. We live our lives with values and principles and block format these differ depending on individual backgrounds i.e. culture, gender, age and class.

Some of the values I live my life by are respect, honesty, being non-judgemental, hard working and grateful. Anthony Giddens , Discrimination , Human rights 1279 Words | 3 Pages. ?Anastascia Acosta Master Guns ROTC 19 June 2015 Army Values Soldiers and leaders of the Army live by seven . Army Values , all of which are equally important. Loyalty, Duty , Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity and the seventh value Personal Courage. Personal Courage as defined by the Army , is to face fear, danger or adversity. Friendship? Personal Courage is the ability one has to overcome a difficult task or situation with steadfastness, or in contrast, to barack obama be president do the moral and right thing when given an. Essay? Better , British Army , Lieutenant 656 Words | 2 Pages.

Professionalism by SPC Murray Professionals in the United States Army stand apart from others engaged in the format of an outline for a research paper particular careers in the . civilian world. While many vocations contain some of the characteristics of professional, a lot of careers do not include all of the elements necessary to essay introduction distinguish themselves as being as close to a professional as a United States soldier. Jet Programme Essay? Professionalism grows depending on the time and service they have in the Army . A professional has specialized knowledge and skill which. Essay? Integrity , Management , Military 1916 Words | 5 Pages. essentially take a vow to be faithful to your commitment to the military which includes everything from vowing to be loyal to your unit, leadership, and jet programme essay of . course to oneself.

Oftentimes though, I have been told by senior enlisted members that the “new army ” is essay introduction, non-argumentatively greatly different than what it used to be. And, typically the junior enlisted will ask why? What is different now than what it used to be back then? What is told to us, is normally a general consensus amongst the senior enlisted. Army , Generation X , Generation Y 1139 Words | 3 Pages. Discipline: United States Army and Soldier. Sanskrit Sansthan? The Importance Of Being disciplined/keeping an appearance In The U.S. Army The following essay is friendship introduction, a compilation of my . personal experiences, definitions, and examples of how discipline is papers writing, important to surviving in today’s U.S.

Army . Discipline is increased when one constantly adheres to the standards set by friendship, his superiors and maintains not only his bering, but appearance as well. Discipline is: acting in accordance with the rules put in place and behaving in accordance to the rules of conduct. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff , Continental Army , LDRSHIP 977 Words | 3 Pages. Equipment Responsibility in the Us. Army. Equipment Responsibility The United States army values soldiers that are responsibility for their actions and equipment. . Being responsibility means being Dependable-arriving to work and appointments on time, keeping track of and block format research control of equipment, meeting deadlines, being in introduction the right place At the block format research paper right time, doing the right thing at introduction the right time. Without having accountability there is not knowing of where or in what shape your equipment is in essay and there for having a negative effect on. Continental Army , Duty , Obligation 994 Words | 4 Pages.

Duty is a word of importance I my field of profession. It can determine if you save a life or save millions of dollars for the people you work . for. Being on time and where you are supposed to friendship be is very important while serving in the army or any other branch of service .The military waste millions of competition, dollars on appointments every year. Friendship Essay Introduction? This Plan of action is ambiguous and confusing. Block? From the introduction oral statements that were made from you I believe you wish for me to write 2000essay (Importance of Accountability. Armed forces , Army , Military 2093 Words | 5 Pages. Essays? Accountability in the Army Essay 7. case something happens and essay introduction someone needs t know where a soldier is accountability comes into last essays charles, play. Army Regulation 600-20 IAW Discipline. Why . is discipline so important? Because to be accounted for is a part of disciplinary actions, and introduction a part of being a professional and a soldier is by living the army values none more overpowering then the sansthan phd thesis other.

So yes Discipline along with the other Army Values is very important. A good leader should always have accountability for their soldiers but it starts. Army , Artillery , Court-martial 1050 Words | 3 Pages. Essay Introduction? 1000 Word Essay On The Importance Of Accountability In The Army. 1000 word essay on the importance of accountability in the army Free Essays on 5000 Word Essay On . Accountability Responsibility for students. Accountability in the army is important because soldiers as well as equipment, ammunition, food, water and other various 1000 Words on Accountability. Free Essays on on why obama be president, Military Gear Accountability for students. 310 Words / 1 Pages. Gear Accountability. GEAR ACCOUNTABILITY There are many important reasons to be checking your gear constantly to keep proper issued. Accountability , Army , Essay 1140 Words | 4 Pages. Essay Introduction? today…being in the Army is one of the wisest choices I’ve made in my life, many people take being in the Army for granted and . Format Paper? have no clue how beneficial the essay army can be.

Your rent is guaranteed paid every month, money for food and your basically approved for anything in the world as long as you serve in the Army or any branch of service. You also gain free knowledge and essay barack obama should be president experience that many outside people in the civilian world do not have the chance or opportunity to friendship be a part of. The Army has a lot to. Corporal , Leadership , Non-commissioned officer 2016 Words | 4 Pages. Responsibility is one of the most important things in the Army . Accountability is also a very important part of being in the army . and of an outline for a research it goes hand in hand with responsibility.

I failed to maintain accountability of my weapon while at friendship Yakima Training Center. This was not an block format research paper example of being a responsible soldier. This essay will explain what happened and why I think responsibilty is so important in the US Army . I had set my weapon down in the tool room so that I can go grab a couple of things. Army , Artillery , Military 1315 Words | 3 Pages. Correctional Essay on Importance of essay introduction, meeting the sansthan standards set by friendship, AR 670-1. A soldier is a professional and an expert at all times, Because of papers, . this his uniform haircut and general hygiene is held to a professional standard. AR 670-1 is the ruling of this standard in which every soldier must uphold to. A soldier is measured by his/her ability to do his job successfully, tactfully, and professionally. Introduction? The key to doing a job as a professional is a professional appearance, none know this as much as the Army . In. Army , Army Combat Uniform , Hairstyle 2583 Words | 6 Pages. The Army Standards The Army Standards Jimmie Leigh Simmons Dr.

Tina M. Lamb Business Ethics 301 Abstract The . Army is nothing like any other military worldwide. They set themselves apart from all other militaries. The standards are held to a higher level than most. I enjoy being in the Army . As a Noncommissioned officer we are charged to rashtriya sanskrit sansthan phd thesis uphold the standard and in force the standards. We must groom soldiers to be a great product of the Army . There are measures we take into introduction, making a great. Army , Military , Morality 1116 Words | 4 Pages. Accountability and Responsibility in rashtriya phd thesis the Army.

As I have learned over the past seven years that I have been in the Army is that accountability and responsibility are the two most important . things that the introduction organization focuses on. In this essay , I will be discussing the importance of accountability and format research the responsibilities as a Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO). Accountability is concerned primarily with records, while responsibility is concerned primarily with custody, care, and safekeeping. Accountability is friendship introduction, defined as, the obligation. Corporal , Individual responsibility , Non-commissioned officer 1497 Words | 4 Pages.

?Desmond Boyd ARMY ROTC/ Col. Essays? Deas 20Feb2013 Army Values What are Army Values and . what are they put in place for? For beginners there are seven Army Values they are Loyalty, Duty , Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage. Friendship Introduction? These seven values also form an acronym “LDRSHIP”. The Army Values were put into place to essay barack obama should be president help soldiers make the right decision at friendship introduction all times in the Army and outside. Loyalty is to bear true faith and allegiance to the US Constitution, the Army , your unit.

Core issues in ethics , Courage , Ethics 465 Words | 2 Pages. ?The Army Values The Army values are; Loyalty, Duty , Respect, Selfless service, Honor, . Integrity, and Personal Courage. The seven Army values is what being a soldier is all about, it’s what defines us. When you see a soldier walking down the street you can see these seven values in the way he/she presents he/she self. The seven Army values are broken down to research paper us in the acronym “LDRSHIP”. Loyalty: To bear true faith and allegiance to introduction the U.S constitution, the essay competition Army , your unit and essay introduction other soldiers. Core issues in ethics , Military , Morality 421 Words | 2 Pages.

United States Army and Selfless Service. even Army Values In The Acronym ‘Ldrship’ make the correct choices and do the right thing. I was told to write this . essay about the army values , focusing on Integrity and Honor. I must have started 15-20. Charles Lamb? The Army Values encompasses discipline, self-control and essay introduction faith in the system.Live up to all the Army values . According to FORSCOM G8, Selfless service leads to organizational. Values Essay Essay is to explain the Army Values and how they pertain to the mistake I made.

In the US army we are. LDRSHIP , Non-commissioned officer , Sergeant 909 Words | 3 Pages. The main reason for rashtriya sansthan this essay is because I did not follow out proper orders and was not at the correct place of duty for . PT/Accountability formation at friendship introduction the correct time. Essay On Why Be President? Although there was a miscommunication, granted on my half, there is still no excuse for me to miss a formation. Friendship Introduction? I want to be an excellent soldier and I want to excel in the military.

The first step I need to put into action is always making sure I am at the appropriate place of duty at the correct time or preferably with time to. Army , Military , Military life 1805 Words | 5 Pages. to your allegiance to the US Constitution and its ideals, to on why obama be president the Army , to essay introduction your unit, to your fellow Soldiers and rashtriya subordinates, and to yourself . as an introduction Army professional. Loyalty means placing your professional obligations and commitments before your personal ones. It means dedication to carrying out all of your unit’s missions and to serving faithfully the values of the on why barack obama be president country, the Army , and your unit. I broke this army value I did not bear true. In which I let my team leader, squad leader, platoon. Ethics , Law , Left-wing politics 840 Words | 2 Pages.

The Army Values Loyalty Bear true faith and friendship introduction allegiance to the U.S. constitution, the Army , and other soldiers. . Be loyal to jet programme competition the nation and its heritage. I define loyalty as the friendship essay willingness of a person to sacrifice at last essays of elia charles lamb their own personal expense in order to protect, uphold, defend and edify those persons, ideals and/or things which they cherish most. The amount of loyalty a person feels towards someone or something determines how much they are willing to sacrifice for them. As a soldier, we. Courage , Ethics , Houghton Mifflin Harcourt 3290 Words | 10 Pages. Tele Mil : 6991 Civ Tele : 0361-2640134 Army Recruiting Office, Narangi PIN-900328 c/o 99 APO 20 Apr 11 1837/R/ FOR BRIGHT YOUNG MEN . TO JOIN THE ARMY OPEN RECRUITMENT RALLY AT GOALPARA 1. Army Recruiting Office, Narangi will carry out an Army Recruitment Rally for MALE CANDIDATES of Baksa, Barpeta, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Darrang, Dhubri, Goalpara, Kamrup, Kokrajhar, Nalbari and introduction Udalguri districts of Assam is being organized from 17 –29 May 11 at DN Singha Sports Stadium, Goalpara (Assam) with. 1939 , 1970 , 1981 985 Words | 4 Pages. Last Charles? ?U.S ARMY ETHICS Ethics are standards that are based on value that uphold professionalism through beliefs such as . duty , honor and integrity that drives actions and attitudes (Fluker, 2009). Ethical values ultimately relate and are in regards to friendship what is the format of an research, right and wrong.

This brings about the aspect of making decision that is friendship introduction, rational in on why barack obama regards to what is right and wrong ethically. It is on this note that ethical values should be considered and especially when it comes to decision making. There exist. Business ethics , Ethics , Intrinsic value 943 Words | 5 Pages. uniform. It represents the army and what we stand for. In the united States Army paying attention to detail and following your . Introduction? chain of command is important part in essay competition the mission. Failure to do so can affect the mission drastically. it can hinder even small parts, in which case can turn into something more important. Friendship? In this essay , I will, hopefully, be able to explain the format research importance of all of the friendship essay introduction listed above in the following paragraphs, as well as a way to adhere to the Army Standards. . Army Combat Uniform , Battle Dress Uniform , Dress uniform 2139 Words | 5 Pages.

should act based on values . Values are core beliefs such as duty , honor, and integrity that motivate attitudes and . actions. Not all values are ethical values for example integrity is; happiness is not. Ethical values relate to rashtriya sanskrit sansthan what is right and wrong and thus take precedence over introduction, non ethical values when making ethical decisions. Each profession has it ethical values and employees are required to leave by them. As a soldier in the US Army , I have pledge to leave by the seven Army Values . Department. Ethics , Integrity , Military 1035 Words | 3 Pages. our nation with pride.

At an early age I learned about sacrifices, “This We Will Defend,” honor, respect and devotion to duty . I truly . believe in what the Army stands for hence why it would be a great privilege to join the few and essays charles lamb elite members of the prestigious Officer’s. Friendship? There are many reasons I would like to rashtriya sansthan become one of the officers. Essay Introduction? I want to serve alongside the Army men and women who’s work and of an for a research valor have helped keep this nation safe. I want to help keep our nation a safe place and be able. Friendship? Army , High school , Military 1188 Words | 3 Pages. The importance of last essays, being at your Appointed Place of Duty It is always important to friendship introduction be where you are supposed to be. Should Be President? In the Army , . every leader stresses the fact on being on time or being at the right place or being in the right uniform. So if you have to ask yourself is it important to be where you are told to be? I think most Soldiers and Leaders will tell you that it is essay introduction, very important. It is my responsibility to be where I am supposed to be. It is all about accountability.

You have to keep track. Sats Papers Writing Tasks? Debut albums , English-language films , Leadership 1203 Words | 3 Pages. value and vision essay by Amritash. ? This assignment asks that you begin with your values and make a link from them to your career vision, and ultimately to a personal vision . statement. In this paper, you will need to address the four specific areas described below. 1) Personal Values Describe and explore your own set of core values . Introduction? By core values , we mean those qualities (e.g., courage, patience), conditions (e.g., wealth, health), or forms of conduct (e.g., integrity, honesty) that you hold. What matters most to you. 2008 albums , Future , Mind 778 Words | 3 Pages.

J The Seven Army Values and format what they mean to me. Here are the essay introduction Seven Army Values and what they . mean to me. Loyalty, staying faithful after being given a task to complete, faithfulness to the people around me, the people I work with and the people I surround myself with. When I show people I am loyal it can better their view of essay on why barack obama should, me, and how they treat me. Without loyalty I could lose respect to those around me. Essay Introduction? Duty , fulfilling my obligations that were given to me. Jet Programme Essay? My duty is my job. To.

Core issues in introduction ethics , Duty , Ethics 631 Words | 2 Pages. Wear and appearance of army uniform is critical in the military today for the shear fact that were are downsizing and the military is looking . for every excuse to get rid of sats writing, someone. Wear and appearance means to friendship introduction me is that you should be in block format the right uniform at essay times when instructed or permitted, is should be clean and serviceable and be to military standards. The reason i am writing tho essay y is i simply got lazy towards the last essays of elia charles exercise in Graf and i decided that packing my gear and others things. Army , Army Combat Uniform , Military 1151 Words | 3 Pages. ?Edmond Ma Mr. Krekeler ENG3U1-32 6 June 2014 Armies of the Night: Armies of the Night is evidently written as a fiction novel . despite the fact that it is a historical non-fiction. Norman Mailer uses himself as the main character for friendship essay this literature and narrates himself like a fiction story. Armies of the night has certain characteristics that make it a fiction novel rather than a historical literature. Characteristics shown in the book that supports it as a novel are character development, use. Character , Fiction , Literature 1156 Words | 4 Pages. ?The archaeological discovery of the format Terracotta Army has greatly impacted the understanding of China’s past, specifically the Qin Dynasty in . around 200BC. Evidence at friendship essay the site has provided historians and archaeologists with a great deal of information about the Emperor himself, Qin Shihuangdi, and the features of government and essay society at introduction the time, as well as giving insight into the weaponry of this civilisation.

The Terracotta Army provides many details of the Emperor’s life and beliefs, including. China , Great Wall of China , Han Dynasty 827 Words | 2 Pages. Management and the Army Mark Bietsch MGT330: Management for Organizations (BAC1250A) Professor Moore 28 July 2013 Management and the . Army The Army has a very well organized structure that has many different elements within its structure. The Army uses many different regulations that cover the jet programme way it runs its organization to friendship essay introduction ensure it maintains and improves the sats writing tasks way it is managed. Friendship Introduction? The Army uses the Human Resources Command Center (HRC) which is to sats papers execute career management, sustainment, distribution. Army , Human resource management , Leadership 1706 Words | 5 Pages. Expectation of Our Army from introduction, Young Officers. EXPECTATION OF OUR ARMY FROM YOUNG OFFICER’S 1. Introduction. Youth is the sanskrit golden stage of life. Only young generation can take the . challenge to face any kind of difficulties.

Because they believe in their strength and power of youth. They do not loose their heart and work with patience; sincere efforts and hard work have got reward of its own. So young generation plays a vital role to maintain the friendship essay peace in our daily life. Army is such a institution who wants the spirit of youth. Officers. Christopher Nolan , Leadership , Management 1846 Words | 6 Pages. Behavior and Communication in the U.S. Army. to write about the US Army . The reason I chose the US Army for my topic is jet programme, because I have a brother in the Army . Essay Introduction? that is being deployed to Iraq in the next couple of months.

Therefore, I thought this would be a very educational topic to research. The US Army’s vision is to on why barack obama should be president provide the country with prompt combat commanders that are well-trained, well-led, and can achieve any operation they are needed for. The Army’s soldiers will always be their primary focus. The US Army takes their mission seriously. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff , Continental Army , LDRSHIP 1023 Words | 3 Pages. brief or meeting they could miss very important information, every mission has a starting point and introduction if your higher-ups tell you that is when they want to get . stuff started. If you’re late that could mean doing push-ups Also, if you’re too late for duty you’re considered AWOL (absent without leave). Usually one should try to be early because being early, is always better than being late, it also reflects positively on rashtriya sanskrit sansthan phd thesis, you as a person, on your team leader and anyone in charge of them because you are. Essay Introduction? Communication , Leadership , Management 932 Words | 3 Pages.

7 Core Army Values and What They Mean to on why barack should be president Me The seven core army values are broken up into . Friendship Essay Introduction? Loyalty, Duty , Respect, Selfless Services, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage. The first of these is loyalty; Loyalty to jet programme me is keeping your word or backing up or trusting a friend even when others do not. I think trust is a big part of loyalty. You can't expect someone to be loyal to you if they cannot trust you. In the army aspect I believe it is relatively the same but in leadership role or more stressful. Core issues in ethics , Human , Military 501 Words | 2 Pages. Persuasive Essay Erica Crawley COMM215 August 10, 2014 University of Phoenix Running head: PERSUASIVE ESSAY 1 PERSUASIVE . ESSAY 2 Persuasive Essay Many people can benefit from joining the Military service for friendship essay introduction a lot of different reasons.

Some joined for the pay, to serve their country and some do it for the experience. There are many reason people join the United States Army . Some other reasons to join the Army could be job security, education benefits, health insurance benefits, life. Ernest McFarland , G.I. Sansthan Phd Thesis? Bill , Health insurance 779 Words | 3 Pages. The seven army values mean a lot to essay introduction the army and this organization because it helps build team work. Each . army value has a different meaning to essays charles the army and to the organization. I pick three army values that define me as a proud soldier and a leader. Loyalty, Duty and Respect is my three top values that I believe to introduction build my The first value is format research, loyalty and it is a very key part of the army . Without loyalty you can’t have a team. The team is loyal to essay every aspect of the army . Without loyalty. Ethics , Moral absolutism , Morality 1183 Words | 4 Pages.

ETHICAL CULTURE AUDIT of the United States Army By: Andrew Driscoll March 16, 2013 Each soldier in the United States Army , . or any military service, will have very different experiences with the ethical culture of their unit. Is this experience due to the organizational culture or how its leaders operate within that culture that creates such an unique experience for every soldier? The point is last, that if you ask 10 soldiers to conduct an ethical culture audit of the military, I believe you will. Army , Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff , LDRSHIP 2027 Words | 6 Pages.

Write My Paper For Me -
Friendship Essay Conclusion | Major Tests

Introduction to Andre Bazin, Part 1: Theory of Film Style in its Historical Context. Andre Bazin, film critic, theorist, philosopher, and friendship humanist wrote a series of essays between the years 1944 and 1958, before he died at the young age of 40. The majority of them were anthologized in their original language in the four volume set Qu’est- ce que le cinema? Selections from these four volumes were trans­lated by Hugh Gray and presented in two English volumes: What is Cinema? Other major works translated into English include Jean Renoir, Orson Welles: A Critical View, and French Cinema of the Occupation and the Resistance.

A recent collection of essays translated into English is Bazin At Work : Major Essays And Reviews From The Forties And Fifties , edited by Bert Cardullo. Other crucial non- anthologized articles are found in the journals Esprit, Cahiers du Cinema and jet programme essay Les Temps Modernes . Given the breadth of his work, I have limited myself in this introduction to his theoretical work and essay omitted his critical work on genre/cycles (the Western, Neo-realism) and/or specific films. In my exposition of these writings I do not purport to for a research, be exhaustive, but rather to essay introduction, arrive at an understanding of Bazin’s cinematic beliefs. By expounding, commenting on, and making necessary connections I will attempt to synthesize a complex man and his works into a manageable form. Any element of essay, criticism is a residue of the rigorous thought process propelled by his writings. THE ESSENCE OF CINEMA. Bazin sees cinema as “an idealistic phenomenon” and friendship introduction only consequently technical. Block Research Paper! Being a humanist he believes that the essay introduction idea precedes the essays lamb invention and hence is superior to the technical means used to friendship essay, achieve it. He categorizes the early pioneers (Muybridge, Niepce, Leroy, Demeny, Joy, Edison, Lumiere) as “ingenious industrialists” at best. Later, in his now famous essay “The Evolution of the last essays charles Language of Cinema” he would extrapolate this formula of “idea necessitating technical means” into essay introduction complexity of subject matter necessitating a new form/style. To Bazin the cinema is inherently realistic ­because of the mechanical mediation of the camera.

This is not the same as saying that cinema is “objective” in any sense other than relative, and that cinema is untouched by ideological and cultural factors, as many of Bazin’s critics have said. What Bazin does do with this fact is the format of an outline for a, place cinema above painting – the camera vs. the brush- as a medium for duplicating reality. Further, cinema’s ability to record the event in time, making “an imprint of the duration of the object” elevates it above photography. Although the potential for friendship introduction human intervention is jet programme essay, always present, even granting the mechanical intervention, Bazin believes that the filmmaker owes it to the complexity of introduction, reality to refrain from false subjective manipulation and last lamb overwrought formalist mediation. The “myth” of total cinema Bazin speaks of is a reflection of humanity’s psychological and indeed ethical, obsession in the arts with depicting reality. 1 Possibly as a means of countering mortality, humanity has forever been attempting to friendship, preserve his/her likeness in one form or another. Paper! As Prakash Younger notes in essay introduction his involved argumentation in his Offscreen essay, there is an ethical and moral link between the real world and the practice of artistic creation and spectatorial reception of art which informs the “aesthetic” practice and theory of the format of an research paper, Bazin. This moral and ethical link does not circumvent the ideological, but stands as a way through the friendship “impasse” of the ideological, or, to rashtriya sansthan, once again quote Prakash, “pseudorealism” to get at the “true realism.” As time evolved so did the means of artistically replicating reality, from essay, cave drawings, to mummification, to engraving, to painting, to photography, and to its (thus far) most convincing form, cinema. In the task of duplicating reality cinema has surpassed all other forms of representation. Bazin envisions each rung on cinema’s evolutionary ladder as a step toward a more realistic depiction of the essay on why obama be president world (sound, color, depth of field, 3- D,etc.).

Since Bazin believes that the origins of an art reveal its nature, cinema’s quest for realism supports his claim for essay introduction an objective and pure cinema. This “myth” which grew out of cinema’s beginnings stands as the touchstone cinema has progressively evolved toward. Much of the confusion concerning Bazin’s writings – and indeed a major concern in the canon of film theory- is traceable to the relationship between the filmed image and its life counterpart. How does Bazin explain this relationship? He describes it in the following terms: 1) The photographic image is “a kind of decal or transfer”; 2) “The photographic image is the object itself, the object freed from the block format research conditions of time and space that govern it”; 3) Photography embalms time; 4) “The photograph as such and the object in itself share a common being, after the fashion of a fingerprint”; 5) “In no sense is it the image of an object or persons, more correctly it is its tracing”; 6) “The photograph proceeds … to the taking of a veritable luminous impression in light – to a mold. As such it carries with it more than mere resemblance, namely a kind of introduction, identity …”; 7) “The cinema … makes an imprint of the duration of the research object.” 2 The words Bazin uses are essentially synonyms: decal, transfer, fingerprint, tracing, mold, imprint. The reverberations suggest a quasi- mystical relationship between the subject and its photographic double. Given Bazin’s strong Catholic background it may or may not be begging credulity to introduction, mention at this point an underlying presence of religious reverberation in lines two and six.

Line two says that the photographic image is the object itself, only “freed” from time and space. By “freeing” the object Bazin is implying a form of salvation or transgression to sats writing tasks, a higher moral/spiritual plateau. Line seven emits a spiritual echo through the words “a veritable luminous impression in light.” Could the photographic reproduction be in a symbolic sense the friendship soul of essay on why barack be president, its real life counterpart? Even when, in his article “La Technique du Citizen Kane ,” 3 Bazin defends Welles against essay George Sadoul’s charges of unoriginality he concludes with the spiritualistic thought that Welles, the for a paper modern artist, has left behind (through his films) “a resonance the likes of which we have never known before” (my translation). I offer this as a possible interpretation for the consistently allegorical tone of Bazin’s writings concerning the relationship between the subject/object and its filmic double. THE EVOLUTION OF THE LANGUAGE OF CINEMA : an Exploration of essay, cinema style.

In this section I will lay out Bazin’s seminal discussion of the historical evolution of film style. I should stress that my aim here is to explicate this trajectory rather than situate it within Bazin’s broader theoretical ideas. I admit that even the few criticisms I make with regard Bazin’s critical application of realist style can be smoothed over by relating Bazin’s analysis of essay competition, cinematic language to his larger philosophical and theoretical aims. With the friendship championing of realism as the eventual goal, Bazin wrote a thoughtful historical overview of the evolution of research paper, film language. The major tenet coming from this overview is that the jump from silent to sound cinema was not the major evolutional point in film language. That breakthrough point would arrive several years later (1940-41).

Bazin’s starting point for his historical overview is the silent period. Employing a stylistic and semi-auteur approach he groups all directors between the years 1920 to 1940 into two groups: one which base their integrity in the image (the imagists) and another which base their integrity in reality (the realists). The imagists are broken down into two camps, those working with the plastics (lighting, decor, composition, acting) and essay those working with the editing (the montagists). The realists do not distort time (like the montagists) or space (like the expressionists) but attempt to depict true reality. The major exponents of the realist camp are F.W.

Murnau, Eric Von Stroheim, Robert Flaherty, Carl Dreyer, and Jean Renoir. Sanskrit Sansthan! The montagists are also broken down into essay two camps, distinguished mainly by a time frame: 1920- 30 (Abel Gance, D.W. Griffith, Sergei Eisenstein) and 1930- 40 (the American classical “invisible” style, influenced largely, I believe, by Vsevelod Pudovkin). The end of the silent period brought the two “image” camps to their apex in the form of obama, German Expressionism (the plastics) and the Soviet Post-Revolution cinema (the montagists). The jump from the silent to sound cinema did not give evidence to friendship, any immediate effects on shooting or editing styles. By the late 30’s sound moved editing toward realism, switching the operative cutting style from symbolic/expressive to dramatic/analytic. Editing style became more or less standardized. Cinema reached a point of classical perfection where content fused with form. Jet Programme Competition! By now, 1939, cinema had reached the friendship essay point where most technical innovations were established (color, track, dolly, crane, zoom, sound, panchromatic film stock) and the next evolutionary advancement, if there was to be one, would not be propelled by a technical matter but a thematic one: the subject matter and the effect it imposed on technical/formal aspects. Last Essays Of Elia! The result of this was, according to Bazin, the most important aesthetic revolution in film history, the arrival of the mise-en-scene style. In brief then, here is Bazin’s evolution of film language: a) Plastics (lighting, decor, composition, acting) b) Montagists (editing)

2) The Realists:(long take, on location shooting, objective approach) By 1928 the Imagists peak with a) expressionism and essay b) Soviet cinema. Early sound films do not show immediate advancement of either style. By the late 30’s sound technique leads montage toward realism. Block Format Research Paper! By the late 30’s we witness the perfect fusion of form/content, sound/image. Film reaches its “equilibrium- profile” ( Jezebel , Stagecoach , Le Jour se leve ). By 1939 all major technical advancements are established; the next step in evolution of style is spurred by subject matter. a) Pure objective realism (Neo- Realism, Documentary) b) Spatial Realism (Jean Renoir, Orson Welles, William Wyler). The implication in introduction Bazin’s historical evolution is that by the 1940’s the imagist style had been completely engulfed by the realist style. The imagists, having had their glory days in of an outline for a research paper the silent period, were confronted by the realists and, after a realist maturation period in friendship introduction the 30’s, over­taken by rashtriya sanskrit sansthan phd thesis, them.

A graph would read: A new type of Realism evolves, splitting up into two camps, as did the Imagists during the silent period, and totally dominating 1940: a) Spatial realists; and b) Pure objective realists. This historical progress toward realism is in perfect accordance with Bazin’s notion of the cinema continually inching forward toward the pure “myth” of total cinema. Friendship Essay! The force of papers writing, History does not always obey, and this movement does not hold true for long. There is some historical truth in Bazin’s schema because, indeed, the imagists did dominate during the essay silent period, as did the realists during the later 30’s, but Bazin’s contention of the post 1940 period being dominated by the realist style is quickly but into question by film-noir, a movement/style derivative of German Expressionism. Nowhere in What is Cinema Vol. 1 2 do we see even a passing remark at film noir or the expressionistic-like Universal horror films of the 30’s. This oversight is surprising, especially with the evidence already building around Bazin toward the evolutionary direction which the dialectics of realism/formalism would take: toward a harmonious existence where the two become more or less equal and interchangeable operative modes of a complex art form.

4. I would also add that Bazin underplays the essay should importance of sound transition to emphasize his spatial-temporal ontological theory of realism. He realized how important a step sound was toward realism, eliminating the need for friendship essay introduction expressivity and “denaturalization” that was a large part of silent cinema. However, Bazin overlooks just how important a psychological role sound played in rashtriya sanskrit sansthan achieving the impression of reality, and friendship the impression of space and depth that were so important to him. Sound added immensely to realism in cinema but Bazin, perhaps so as not to interfere with his spatial/temporal claim, downplays it.

He clearly emphasizes the psychological role with regard to the visuals, so the omission may be a result of sound theory not yet entering into the general discourse of essay barack obama be president, film analysis. This aural component is still excluded by many people today when discussing the claim to friendship essay, realism cinema has over other arts. I must mention a final slender point of last essays of elia charles lamb, disagreement. By including Murnau and Dreyer as realists Bazin is falling into the same trap that Siegfried Kracauer does when he accepts certain fantastical/formalistic scenes when they are in friendship essay introduction the proper “realist” context, such as a dream or a specific point of last of elia charles, view (Tudor 94). Friendship! Bazin is on shaky ground when he removes Nosferatu and The Passion of Joan of Arc from the expressionistic mode on the frail basis of Nosferatu ‘s on-location photography and Dreyer’s refrain from the use of make-up for his actors (Bazin, What is essay competition, Cinema Vol.1 109-110). What then becomes of Nosferatu ‘s sinister shadows, fast motion and negative photography, and expressionistic acting, and The Passion of Joan of Arc ‘s abstraction of space and extreme reliance on close-ups? In neither case do the slim realist tendencies compensate for the overwhelming artistic intervention, as does Welles’ spatial realism for friendship example. Both films fail to completely qualify for either of Bazin’s realistic camps –the documentary- like “pure” realism or the spatial realism.

Although one can argue that Nosferatu is ‘more realist’ than other expressionist films of the time, and that The Passion of Joan of Arc is sanskrit sansthan phd thesis, so unique and iconoclastic in style, that the affect on the spectator is one of friendship essay introduction, realism. Having pointed toward Bazin’s preference for the mise-en-scene style I will now discuss his reasons for the format for a research paper that choice. The depth of field/long take style, known as mise-en-scene, attracted itself to Bazin for friendship introduction two essential reasons: a) It maintained the unity of space and the relationship between the objects within that space. b) It gave the format research spectator, according to Bazin, the freedom to direct his/her own control over friendship introduction, the viewing process, including what to look at, in what order, for how long, and to make their own synthesis of that viewing process. Sats Papers! Together they maintain the ambiguity – the existential ambiguity present all around us in life- of that space. Mise-en-scene can incorporate two styles, one being a documentary­-like process where the essay introduction camera “allows us to see” the event (Neo- Realism) and a second more aesthetic rendition of reality where the realism derives almost exclusively from the respect for spatial unity (Welles, Andrei Tarkovsky, and Theo Angelopoulos). An integral part of the papers mise-en-scene style is the presence of depth of field.

Bazin wrote entirely on this aspect in the article “Pour en finir avec la profondeur de champ” (“My Final Words on Depth of Field”) ( Cahiers du Cinema . 17-23). This article begins by stating that depth of field belongs only incidentally to the technical domain (my translation): If depth of field interests us it is only incidentally as a technical progress of a shooting style and, essentially, as a revolution of mise-en-scene or, more precisely, ‘decoupage’ (19). Here he sets down the kernel for the balance of the article. Essay! Bazin examines a frame from the 1910 film Onesime (Louis Feuillade) and sees in its composition in depth and soft focus the seeds for the later more refined depth of field style. The shot in questions has the title character framed in left, extreme close-up, with a secondary character visible in rashtriya sansthan the right background of the frame (my translation): Something outside of Feuillade’s genius allowed him to friendship essay introduction, spontaneously discover a prophetic frame, a rough outline of a Renoir or Wellesian shot. In this case, the discovery was not out of genius, but out of sats, necessity – he did not have a choice (20).

Given the technical state of 1910 the friendship introduction shot succeeds partly; both planes are visible but the background is the format of an outline for a research, soft. Again, giving the state of cinematography (to render a clear, legible image) and the state of essay introduction, audience awareness the barack obama be president softness of the background appears as a default. Friendship Essay! With the ameliorization of the depth of field shooting style and the parallel advancement of audience awareness, soft focus becomes a technique (rack focus and softening of a part of the image for an effect) and takes on a different meaning, that of decoupage. 5 The soft focus effect is (my translation) … an indirect means in which to place value in the shot which is being focused; it transcribes in the frame the format research dramatic hierarchy which montage expresses in time. In this new complex perception the clarity of the background is no longer indispensable; soft focus is no longer experienced like an friendship introduction, im­probability: it becomes contrast and not contradiction ( Cahiers du Cinema 22). In a pre-montage context Feuillade foreshadows the true sense of depth of field – the ability to of an outline for a research, preclude montage through decoupage in depth. Essay! 6 According to sansthan, Bazin decoupage in depth approaches a realism in an ontological sense, restoring to objects their existential density.

All elements, actor/object and foreground/background are fused into one perceptual pattern (Bazin, Orson Welles , 80). A final quote serves, perhaps more than any other, as a testament to Bazin’s burning stance as “realist” theorist (my translation): In classical style when a character becomes secondary he is usually eliminated from the scene. Welles maintains that his play not be so precise, but to keep the character “alive” so as to essay introduction, allow the spectators to continually dispense their attention. We must constantly be on the lookout for the format paper principal actions which can produce itself “behind our backs” so to speak. Here a part is taken from reality; a way of essay introduction, posing reality homogenous, of considering it indivisible and accruing equal weight to all coordinates of the screen. All the format research decor and all the actors in the total image are equally offered to the action and at the same time to our attention. If they remain outside it is nothing but a hazard as equally unpredictable as an isolated result of the essay introduction numbers game (Bazin, Les Temps Modernes 947). Unlike Eisenstein, who wrote voluminously on rashtriya sansthan phd thesis montage and introduction comparatively little on its antithesis, Bazin wrote substantially on montage. Bazin describes editing as a “series of either logical or subjective points of obama should be president, view of an event.” Dealing with sound films, he lists three motives for cutting: 1) As a purely logical descriptive analysis of the narrative 2) As a psychological analysis from a character’s point of view and 3) As a psychological analysis from the audience’s point of view. (Strangely, he shortly thereafter refers to them as “arbitrary”) ( What is Cinema Vol.

1 , 92). Bazin opposes classical and expressive editing on essay introduction the following counts. The simple geographically and psychologically logical (dramatic) cutting within a scene does not add anything to the intent of sats papers writing tasks, a scene, only friendship adding emphasis. So why bother? If the scene has only last charles one simple meaning why insult the audience’s intelligence with needless and obvious close-ups? Contrarily, if the scene is complex why presuppose only one meaning? Expressive editing invents meaning through juxtaposition of the friendship essay introduction images and not through the images themselves. This is trickery; it removes the freedom on of elia the part of the spectator to select for him or herself and removes whatever existential ambiguity may be present in the scene. Therefore it is not faithful to reality, either spatially, temporally, or morally.

Bazin is not against editing which forms the basis of film structure, that is friendship, cutting necessary to jet programme essay, join unconnected scenes/sequences, but is against essay optical illusions (superimpositions, dissolves, process shots), needless pedestrian editing within a single scene, and expressive editing that adds meaning through the juxtaposition rather than content of each image. Bazin employs a simple aesthetic criteria for deciding when to edit: anytime two or more objects/subjects are necessary to the construction of meaning in a scene, depth of field is preferable over rashtriya sansthan, editing. Bazin opposes the contention that editing is a more realistic depiction of the physiological viewing process on friendship introduction several counts. Logical cutting according to drama, narrative, and anticipation constructs a sense of an integral space. The master shot establishes a location so that the block format research paper cutting to points within is physically (spatially) understood; the dramatic action makes it psychologically understood. This cutting leads the audience along and is usually one step ahead of them. Bazin sees this as only one of two possible modes of realism. This mode appropriates the realism of the narrative process and the mental process following it. The second mode of realism appropriates the event itself. The implication is that there is a choice between one type of reality and another.

Here it is instructive to introduction, recall Younger’s distinction in Bazin’s understanding of realism in essay competition art between “pseudorealism” and “true realism” -the former being caught in the trappings of ideology or meaningless formal articulations. Friendship Essay Introduction! All arts share in this inability to completely capture reality, but there are differing ways of countering this problem. The true realist does not fight against this opposition but merely tries to accommodate it through sincerity and honesty. According to Bazin, within the historical conditions of the 1940s and 1950s, the best way to achieve this was by means of spatial integrity, depth of field, and the long take mise-en-scene. Cinema can never totally duplicate the viewing process – physiologically and psychologically. That would be impossible, and if possible it would be a visual quagmire.

Bazin realizes that the the format of an research paper human eye does not perceive a scene in the same way as a camera recording a scene in depth of field and/or long take. This limitation becomes a virtue. By being faithful to the space and the event itself the spectator is friendship essay, able to perceive this hypothetical scene with greater insight and last essays of elia lamb clarity than if he/she were physically present at friendship introduction the scene. Essay Competition! The reality of filmic space and the filmic event supercedes the human perception of it. The essay “The Virtues and Limitations of Montage” presents, in friendship the strongest possible sense, Bazin’s mistrust for montage and discloses the essence of his preference for the mise-en-scene style. Bazin denounces the “trickery” of montage, evident in the animal film by Jean Tourane.

Here montage becomes emblematic of its untruthfulness – by relating the human qualities of writing tasks, animals by virtue of off-screen guidance and editing. Later in the essay he discusses the essay introduction process shot, an equally deceiving effect, and says that the point is not whether or not the trickery is noticeable, but whether or not it is used (a question of integrity). Thus far Bazin’s reasoning implies that the artist has a moral obligation to the audience and the faithful rendition of the event/space. He then uses an example from the film Where No Vultures Fly to demonstrate how much more effective depth of field is than parallel montage. Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan! (The scene has a wandering child playfully picking up a stray lion cub and then being pursued by the lioness.) The fact that the lion is tame is unimportant; this deceit is made “morally” correct because it occurs in a homogenous space. Introduction! Bazin sees no deceit in the proceedings behind a long take/depth of field shot (numerous takes, removal of walls, props, etc.) but instead wants us to neglect the sats papers writing tasks causal events and consider only the final results. 7 (Contradictorily, Bazin supports his contention that photography is superior to painting by essay, referring to their causal means – mechanical intervention vs. human intervention. Though ‘mechanical’ must be considered relatively, since all ‘tools’ (pen, brush, needle, etc) used in art are a form, lesser perhaps, of mechanical intervention.) Through these contradictions we can decipher Bazin’s true motives for his disliking montage and rashtriya sanskrit sansthan phd thesis upholding mise-en-scene. Montage is untruthful to spatial integrity and also deceives the audience through its juxtapositioning; therefore montage is of secondary importance, morally and aesthetically, to the mise-en-scene style. The integrity of spatial unity is of the utmost importance and supercedes all else – deceit included. Bazin’s preference for spatial unity can also be understood as a philosophical (Bergsonian) preference, as I will point out in Part 2 of this essay.

BAZIN THE THEORETICAL WORLD. In this section I will point to some overlooked parallels between Bazin and other classical film theorists. An interesting development/argument ensues when considering Bazin’s stance toward editing in relation to Vsevelod Pudovkin’s theory. In Pudovkin’s illuminating and influential film theory the natural way for a filmmaker to constitute a scene is to assume a hypothetical “perfect” observer, an imaginary, attentive, sensitive eye which captures the scene not the friendship way everyone would see it but the way an acutely intense, analytical, and probing observer would. This is an ideal approach, but realistically, most directors either do not place that much thought into the editing or do not have the aptitude to, and, consequently, fall back on research paper the more traditional editing style, to what Noel Burch terms the “zero point of cinematic style” (11). Even given the ideal, Bazin would still reject Pudovkin’s theory because of its potential to reduce the possibility for essay multiple interpretations.

Deciding for or against one theory may ultimately hinge on the complexity of the particular scene. Given a simple, straightforward scene where the meaning is only at the surface level, Bazin’s resistance to the theory is tenuous, but a complex scene with possible multiple interpretations gives more credence to jet programme, Bazin’s opposition. Trying to select between Pudovkin’s ideal observer and friendship essay Bazin’s democratic observer becomes more problematic if pursued further. Let’s take Bazin’s favorite example, the seal hunt scene from Nanook of the North . Bazin says that a traditional editing pattern would have ruined the jet programme impact of the single take scene. This may be true, but if that were indeed the best way to view that scene then Pudovkin’s ideal observer would also watch it from the same fixed viewpoint. The argument could go on and on. In principle, Bazin opposes the fragmentation of any scene which could be observed in its spatial unity. Bazin and Rudolf Arnheim, despite one being a realist and the other a formalist, begin their theories from the same starting point. Both theorists begin with the contention that cinema reproduces reality mechanically. Arnheim’s end goal is the equation film=art, while Bazin’s is essay, film=reality. Bazin accepts the contention, and in fact posits it himself, but adds to it by competition, elevating the friendship essay introduction filmic double to a spiritual/moral/ethical level.

Arnheim refutes the contention by saying that regardless of the process, even on the most elementary level the recording of an sats, object/subject is answerable to many factors. (Example: The problem of reproducing three dimensional objects in a two dimensional medium – positioning of essay introduction, object- and the intangible aspect of intuition – deciding whether a person is rashtriya sanskrit sansthan, more him or herself in profile or full face or whether one angle of a mountain is more expressive than another) (Arnheim, 8- 11). These decisions can not be arrived at essay introduction mathematically but through human sensibility. Arnheim begins with the contention and then attempts to accord to the filmmaker the block format paper same artistic intervention of the friendship introduction painter. Bazin, in rashtriya sansthan phd thesis contrast, downplays the filmmakers intervention. Friendship Introduction! In both cases the limitation – not being able to reproduce reality exactly- becomes the source for the respective ends. In Bazin’s case the film, in its faithfulness to the event, grants the spectator a privileged experience of that event; in Arnheim’s case the spectator experiences the sanskrit phd thesis event colored through the artist’s sensibility. Writers who try to reveal inconsistencies in how Bazin applied his own theory to criticism often focused on his troubled affirmation of Welles as a realist. Andrew Tudor, in Theories of Film , says that Bazin enters “deep water” in friendship introduction doing so because Welles is the great inheritor of German Expressionism.

Tudor, although noting the two types of realism Bazin formulated – the sats pure realism and the spatial realism- does not allow Bazin this benefit. I can respect Tudor’s refusal to essay introduction, grant Bazin the benefit of two types of realism, but I disagree with his reason. Tudor believes that Welles’ baroque style – the chiaroscuro lighting, the excessive camera movements, the odd angles- is, along with montage and decor, just “another – way of rashtriya sansthan, destroying the visual unity of space.” Bazin is friendship, well aware of Welles’ affinity for the baroque and essay the manipulative potential mise-en-scene carries: Welles’ pictures are more difficult to analyze because of his over-fondness for essay introduction the baroque. Writing Tasks! Objects and characters are related in friendship essay such a fashion that it is impossible for the spectator to miss the significance of the of an paper scene. To get the same results by way of montage would have necessitated a detailed succession of shots ( What is Cinema Vol.1 34- 35). Bazin does not deny that the introduction depth of of an outline, field style can, in essay introduction that sense, appropriate montage – for block research that is Bazin’s point- and the point missed by Tudor. Friendship! Tudor’s accusation that Welles fragments space with his baroque style can be read as Bazin’s “decoupage in essays charles depth.” Hence, decoupage in depth is not anomalous to Bazin’s spatial realism but an essential part of it. Although Welles inherited many traits from German Expressionism Tudor can not deny that the context is different – within Wellesian mise-en-scene- ­and that there is a difference between cutting a space through montage and essay cutting a space “in depth” as does Welles.

It is essays of elia charles lamb, this distinction – manipulation via editing vs. Essay! manipulation via mise-en-scene- which makes the difference for Bazin. The last theorist I will consider is Brian Henderson. He serves as an block format research paper, endpoint to this section because Henderson exemplifies the by-product which can result from the constant need to friendship introduction, reevaluate and think through existing theories. In his essay “Two Types of Film Theory” Henderson discusses the for a choice representatives of the formalist and realist camps, Eisenstein and Bazin. One of the conclusions he arrives at essay is that both theories, albeit drastically different, are in the general sense, ‘incomplete’ theories of the sequence. Out of this evolves Henderson’s critique of both theories: neither considers the relation of the sats writing tasks part (the sequence) to the whole. They do not envision a theory of the formal construction of the total film. At this point Henderson does not posit any answers, but only raises the question of whether there can be a theory dictating the complete organization of a film. Does Bazin’s theory, in any sense, constitute a “complete” theory (disregarding his neglect of sound)? The frame/shot/scene/sequence are the principal building blocks of film, with the sequence being the largest “part.” Bazin’s mise-en-scene contains all these elements and his constant championing of essay introduction, mise-en-scene at the expense of montage dictates how these elements should be used; as such, this constitutes a theory of how a film should be constructed from beginning to end. Although Bazin expresses approval of simple editing to join homogenous spaces (connecting scenes/sequences which in themselves are shot in depth), he never felt the need to expand on the relationship between long take and editing.

Consequently, all that is missing to jet programme competition, form a “complete theory,” in the very general sense, is a term designating this “carry- over” from sequence to introduction, sequence. Henderson himself would later supply this term. In the subsequent essay “The Long Take” Henderson examines the role of editing within the long take style vis- a- vis Welles, Ophuls, and sansthan phd thesis Murnau. As an answer to his own query, he posits the inter and intra-sequence cuts, cuts occurring in between sequences (inter) or within sequences (intra) (See essay by essay introduction, David George Menard, “Toward a Syntheis of Cinema- a Theory of the Long Take Moving Camera.”). Regardless of the validity of Henderson’s theory, the tasks point is that through a thought process predicated on friendship essay introduction Bazin’s theory and a need to on why be president, “complete” it, Henderson constructed a theory of the sequence cut.

This interplay between contemporary and past theorist is a vital part of the theoretical world’s evolution and friendship introduction proves the validity of past theories. As art evolves so must the theories. In making this contention Bazin is, of course, glossing over jet programme, a long line of essay introduction, antithetical movements (Expressionism, Surrealism, etc.) revolting against this obsession with realism. #8617; All of these quotes or paraphrases are taken from What is Cinema Vol. 1 pps. 14, 15, 96, 97. #8617; Andre Bazin, Les Temps- Modernes 17, (1947), 948. Although too long to quote in sanskrit sansthan phd thesis full, the latter part of this article explicitly reveals Bazin’s tendency to friendship essay, revert to a religious or mystical tone when supporting a claim he feels strongly for. Papers Writing Tasks! #8617; There still are filmmakers who fall exclusively into one or the friendship essay other camp, Miklos Jansco for example, but most directors utilize both styles according to their needs: Hitchcock, Godard, Kubrick, and Scorsese as prime examples #8617; There are two terms used by sats writing tasks, Bazin which either take on a different meaning in their English translation or don’t have an equivalent. Montage in English terminology implies a rigorous and expressive editing style. Most editing sequences juxtapose shots of varying space, time, and content combining to friendship introduction, create an over- all idea, meaning, or tone.

Editing implies the formal construction of the film from one shot to should, the next and friendship essay is not nec­essarily expressive. Sats Writing Tasks! Bazin uses the friendship essay terms interchangeably. Paper! The second term, decoupage, has no English equivalent. The French definition is “to cut,” but applied to film the word is better described as construction. Noel Burch, in friendship introduction Theory of Film Practice, defines the three terms for which decoupage is inter­changeably used for as: 1) The final form of a script replete with the format paper required technical information. 2) The practical breakdown of the film’s construction into separate shots/sequences prior to filming 3) The underlying structure of the finished film, which has probably deviated from the original “decoupage.” #8617; With the meaning of decoupage in essay mind, we must consider the other means by which depth of field appropriates montage: the moving camera, especially the reframe, the zoom, lighting, props, and the use of off- screen space. Last Essays Charles Lamb! #8617; The phenomenological approach at understanding the essence of phenomena also foregoes the essay causal series of events (Husserl’s “bracketing”). Papers Writing Tasks! #8617; Donato Totaro has been the editor of the friendship online film journal Offscreen since its inception in 1997. Totaro received his PhD in Film Television from the University of Warwick (UK), is a part-time professor in sanskrit sansthan Film Studies at Concordia University (Montreal, Canada) and a longstanding member of AQCC (Association quebecoise des critiques de cinema). Bazin and “The River” as a Problem in the History of Film Theory, Part 1.

Re-thinking Bazin Through Renoir’s The River, Part 2. Re-reading Bazin’s Ontological Argument. Introduction to Andre Bazin, Part 2: Style as a Philosophical Idea. Susan Sontag: Against Interpretation? The Ending(s) of Cinema: Notes on the Recurrent Demise of the Seventh Art, Part 2. The Ending(s) of Cinema: Notes on the Recurrent Demise of the Seventh Art, Part 1.

1997 2017 Offscreen, ISSN 1712-9559.

Write My Paper -
Friendship - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your E-Resume’s File Format Aligns with its Delivery Method. by Katharine Hansen, Ph.D. E-resume, or electronic resume, is a broadly used term that covers several types of friendship introduction, resumes. Online resume submission, however, has become so pervasive that “resume” is nearly synonymous with “electronic resume.” The way a resume is research paper intended to be delivered to its recipient determines the friendship essay technological approach you should take to the format of an outline research paper the resume’s preparation. Friendship Introduction? This article describes the most common types of e-resumes and barack offers some general guidelines on how to friendship create them. Formatted, “print” resume , also known as a word-processed resume or traditional paper resume, is created in a word-processing application.

Microsoft Word is the most widely used and is advisable to use for the format outline, that reason. If you are sending your formatted, print resume as an attachment to an e-mail message, it is friendship essay inadvisable to block paper use a program other than Word. File extensions for formatted, print resumes include .doc and .docx. Even though most Word users can now open .docx files, it may be best to essay introduction save your Word resume with a .doc extension for essay obama should be president, the remaining users who cannot open .docx. Common delivery methods for the formatted, print resume include regular postal mail, faxing, hand-delivery (such as in friendship a networking or interview situation, or at a career fair), and e-mail attachment. A few words about Rich Text (.rtf): Once a popular format for resume submissions, .rtf is almost never requested by employers anymore. and should not be used unless you are using a word-processing application that does not enable you to convert a file to .doc format. Looking at sats papers writing, a resume file in .rtf also gives you a glimpse into introduction, what many employers initially see since some applicant-tracking software converts resumes to for a paper .rtf to perform searches on it, says Dawn D. Friendship Essay Introduction? Boyer, M.Ad.Ed., of DBoyer Consulting. The formatted, print resume is known for its attractive visual presentation of the jet programme essay competition job-seeker. For that reason, it is especially useful outside the sphere of electronic delivery — in friendship essay networking situations, at career fairs, in job interviews, and on the rare occasion when an employer requests a resume via postal mail or when you want to get extra attention by submitting your resume both electronically and by postal mail. When sent as an e-mail attachment, however, its formatting may appear inconsistently from computer to computer, and it is vulnerable to viruses.

Worse, the formatting probably won’t translate well to the employer’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS) software. “Lines, graphics, fancy bullets, text boxes, tables, and graphics (logos) … are the issues the ATS programs encounter when uploading a resume into a company’s resume database,” Boyer notes. Don’t send a formatted, print resume as an attachment unless (a) you’re sure it’s the employer’s preference, (b) you also provide another alternative, preferably your text-based resume pasted into the body of an e-mail message, or (c) you’ve stripped the resume of all but the most basic formatting. Text resume , also known as a text-based resume, plain-text resume, or ASCII text resume, is the preferred format for submitting resumes electronically. Last Essays Lamb? A text resume, which carries the .txt file extension, is essay stripped of virtually all its formatting and is not especially visually appealing, which is OK since its main purpose is to jet programme competition be placed into one of the keyword-searchable databases that the vast majority of today’s large employers now use. The text resume is not vulnerable to introduction viruses and is compatible across computer programs and sansthan platforms.

It is highly versatile and can be used for: Posting in its entirety on many job boards. Pasting piece-by-piece into the profile forms of job boards, such as Monster.com. Pasting into the body of an e-mail and sending to employers. Essay? Converting to a Web-based HTML resume.

Sending as an attachment to rashtriya sansthan phd thesis employers, although you’ll probably also want to friendship send your formatted version. Numerous resources are available to essay guide you through creating a text resume or converting your existing formatted resume to text, including Susan Ireland’s How to Upload or Email a Resume. You can see what a typical text resume looks like in friendship introduction this sample text chronological resume. Portable Document Format (PDF) resume offers the advantages of being completely invulnerable to viruses and totally compatible across computer systems (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader software, a free download, to be opened and sats papers tasks read). Have you ever noticed that when you send a resume (or any document) as an attachment from your computer to someone else’s computer, it sometimes doesn’t look the same on friendship the other person’s computer as it did on yours? Maybe it has more pages on the other computer, or maybe Page 2 starts at the bottom of Page 1, or maybe the fonts are different.

A resume converted to PDF, which carries a .pdf file extension, looks virtually identical to the original document from which it was created, thus preserving the resume’s visual appeal, and it also appears consistently from computer to computer. Many employers specifically request PDF resume files. For the most up-to-date word on PDF resumes, see our article, Pros and Cons of PDF Resumes in Job-Search. For examples of PDF resumes, you can view any of the samples in our sample section. Web resume , also known as an HTML, Web-based, or Web-ready resume, is advantageous in a number of last of elia, ways: Employers can access your resume 24/7.

If you’re talking on essay the phone with an employer in last essays of elia another city who wants to see a copy of friendship, your resume, you can simply refer the employer to the Web address where your resume resides. Resumes published on the Web, which often carry the file extension .html or .htm, enable passive job-seeking because employers sometimes find your resume on the Web using various search mechanisms. Outline For A Research Paper? A resume published on the Web can be expanded into a Web portfolio that includes links to friendship work samples (written work, graphic design, other Web pages you’ve designed, photographs, reports, etc.) that can demonstrate your skills to employers. If Web design is a career you are pursuing, a Web-based resume can show off your design skills. The only catch to having a Web-ready resume is that you need to have a place to host it and a means to publish it. The most likely candidates for Web-based resumes are those who already have their own Web pages or access to sats papers writing tasks Web space. For example, many universities provide Web space for their students.

But even if you don’t have your own space, you can still use a Web-ready resume. Some Web sites offer free Web-space hosting. Check also with your Internet service provider to see if Web hosting is included in available services. Learn everything you need to know about creating a Web resume or converting an essay introduction, existing resume to a Web resume in our article, A Web-Ready Resume Can Be a Major Advantage in Your Job Search. Do not confuse a Web-ready resume with one that can be posted on job boards, such as Monster.com.

Most job boards explicitly prohibit HTML resumes. Scannable resumes , which were all the last of elia charles rage just a few years ago, are very rarely requested by friendship introduction employers today. Why? Because a scannable resume is basically a print resume that the employer turns into an electronic resume by using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software and then placing it into a keyword-searchable database. With the growth of e-mail as a mode of phd thesis, communication, employers soon asked themselves, “Why are we going through the extra step of scanning hard-copy when we could have resumes e-mailed to friendship introduction us and place them directly into databases without having to scan them first?” A former student of mine who had entered the rashtriya sansthan human-resources field once told me that resumes e-mailed to his company could enter the database in a matter of days, while a resume that had to be scanned could take up to three weeks to be placed in friendship introduction the database because of the extra labor involved. You still may occasionally encounter employers, however, who request scannable resumes.

The rules for scannable resumes are virtually the same as for text resumes except that scannable resumes are generally printed out and sent by fax or postal mail. They can also be sent as e-mail attachments. For the lowdown on preparing a scannable resume, see our article, How to block paper Write Text Resumes. Final Thoughts on essay E-Resume Formats. Boyer summarizes well why applicants need a good understanding of these resume formats: “Job-seekers must understand — recruiters may be dealing with as many as 200-400 resumes for a single job; they are NOT going to bother with any resume that doesn’t easily convert over into essays charles, their system,” she notes. “Text formatting and the MS Word Document (.doc) allows easier search capabilities within the ATS — so should be a standard for any/all job-seekers for friendship introduction, resumes.” PDF resumes, print resumes, and the format research Web-based resumes, while problematic for online submission, have their uses, as well. Questions about friendship introduction some of the terminology used in this article? Get more information (definitions and links) on key college, career, and barack be president job-search terms by going to our Job-Seeker’s Glossary of Job-Hunting Terms. Katharine Hansen, Ph.D., creative director and associate publisher of essay introduction, Quintessential Careers, is an educator, author, and blogger who provides content for writing tasks, Quintessential Careers, edits QuintZine , an electronic newsletter for jobseekers, and blogs about storytelling in the job search at A Storied Career . Introduction? Katharine, who earned her PhD in organizational behavior from Union Institute University, Cincinnati, OH, is author of Dynamic Cover Letters for rashtriya sanskrit sansthan, New Graduates and essay introduction A Foot in the Door: Networking Your Way into the Hidden Job Market (both published by Ten Speed Press), as well as Top Notch Executive Resumes (Career Press); and with Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D., Dynamic Cover Letters , Write Your Way to a Higher GPA (Ten Speed), and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Study Skills (Alpha). Visit her personal Website or reach her by e-mail at kathy(at)quintcareers.com.

Check out format Dr. Hansen on GooglePlus. And take advantage of all of our free resume resources, including articles, tutorials, quizzes, and much more! Maximize your career and introduction job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to of an outline for a paper locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in friendship introduction 35 career, college, job-search topic areas. Building Tools That Build Better Work Lives. Since 2005, LiveCareer’s team of career coaches, certified resume writers, and savvy technologists have been developing career tools that have helped over block, 10 million users build stronger resumes, write more persuasive cover letters, and develop better interview skills.

Use our free samples, templates, and writing guides and introduction our easy-to-use resume builder software to help land the job you want. Dr. Randall S. Hansen. Dr. Randall S. Hansen is founder of Quintessential Careers, one of the oldest and most comprehensive career development sites on the format of an paper the Web, as well CEO of EmpoweringSites.com. He is also founder of friendship essay introduction, MyCollegeSuccessStory.com and EnhanceMyVocabulary.com. He is publisher of Quintessential Careers Press, including the rashtriya phd thesis Quintessential Careers electronic newsletter, QuintZine. Dr. Hansen is also a published author, with several books, chapters in books, and hundreds of friendship, articles.

He’s often quoted in the media and conducts empowering workshops around the country. Finally, Dr. Hansen is also an educator, having taught at the college level for more than 15 years. Visit his personal Website or reach him by format research email at randall@quintcareers.com. Check out Dr.

Hansen on GooglePlus. Katharine Hansen, Ph.D., creative director and associate publisher of friendship, Quintessential Careers, is an educator, author, and sats writing tasks blogger who provides content for essay introduction, Quintessential Careers, edits QuintZine, an electronic newsletter for jobseekers, and blogs about storytelling in rashtriya the job search at A Storied Career. Katharine, who earned her PhD in organizational behavior from Union Institute University, Cincinnati, OH, is friendship essay author of Dynamic Cover Letters for last charles lamb, New Graduates and A Foot in friendship essay the Door: Networking Your Way into the Hidden Job Market (both published by Ten Speed Press), as well as Top Notch Executive Resumes (Career Press); and with Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D., Dynamic Cover Letters, Write Your Way to a Higher GPA (Ten Speed), and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Study Skills (Alpha). Visit her personal Website or reach her by e-mail at kathy@quintcareers.com. Check out Dr.

Hansen on GooglePlus. I AM A CAREER CHANGER This page is your key source for all things career-change related. You’ll find some great free career-change tools and resources. Changing careers can be traumatic, especially if you have been in of elia lamb your current career for friendship essay, a long time, but you do not have to essay barack obama should be president go through the process alone or [] Quintessential Careers: Career and Job-Hunting Blog. Quintessential Careers: Career and Job-Hunting Blog Career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.The Quintessential Careers Blog has moved!! These pages remain as an friendship, archive of our previous blog posts.

Please check out the jet programme competition new and friendship essay introduction improved Quintessential Careers Blog for outline for a, Job-Seekers and Careerists. Interview Advice Job [] The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers. The Quintessential Directory of friendship introduction, Company Career Centers Where job-seekers can go directly to the job/career/employment section of a specific employer’s Website.Because more and rashtriya sanskrit sansthan more companies are developing career and employment centers on their corporate Websites, Quintessential Careers has developed this directory, which allows you to go straight to the career and employment section of the [] Quintessential Careers: I am a Career Coach or Counselor.

The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers Where job-seekers can go directly to the job/career/employment section of a specific employer’s Website.Because more and friendship introduction more companies are developing career and employment centers on their corporate Websites, Quintessential Careers has developed this directory, which allows you to go straight to the career and sats papers writing tasks employment section of the [] Mighty Recruiter Mighty Recruiter. Customer Service Customer Service. 800-652-8430 Mon- Fri 8am - 8pm CST. Sat 8am - 5pm CST, Sun 10am - 6pm CST Stay in touch with us.

Pay for Exclusive Essay -
Friendship Essay: What Makes A Good Friend? - 965 Words | Bartleby

All about Eve: build a para around views and values. In most essays you will discuss: the role of professional actresses/women (views/values and friendship introduction, techniques) Margo#8217;s anxieties (views/values and techniques) Eve#8217;s and Addison#8217;s encounters (views/values and techniques) Eve and Phoebe (views/values and techniques) By pursuing professional careers and eschewing (turning their backs on) domestic roles, Margo Channing and her “carbon copy” Eve Harrington, defy the the format of an, stereotypical image of the subservient, dependent “married” housewife. Mankiewicz’s characterization of the main protagonists coupled with sharp dialogue and friendship introduction, cinematic techniques highlights the ability of feminine stars to essay obama should, reach the heights of Hollywood success. Friendship! Initially, the audience is encouraged to admire such women who, through “hard work” and essay, “sacrifice”, become widely acclaimed. At times, Mankiewicz characterises both Eve and Margo with masculine characteristics reinforcing their ability to pursue success in a man’s world. Margo has the deep voice and friendship, … One particular mis-en-scene, reveals a close-up shot of Margo, without her makeup and with the flat light accentuating her wrinkles. She appears concerned and dishevelled like “a junk yard”.

Although Eve generally looks supple and glowing, she is characterised as masculine owing to format research, her excessive ambition. In this regard, Mankiewicz constructs Addison de Witt as a mirror image of Eve. They both perfect the art of ambition and exploit others to climb the friendship essay introduction, professional ladder. Addison uses the last essays charles, boxing imagery to accuse Eve of the “killer” competitive instinct that has no regard for other people’s sensitivities. (See below.) However, the more subsumed Eve and Margo become in friendship this man’s world, the more diminished they become as females, to their detriment as the director seems to suggest. Mankiewicz suggests that the professional role dehumanises women and that women who best conform to the domestic ideal are more likely to achieve happiness. Block Format Research! Margo’s heightened sense of friendship anxiety reflects the director’s view that as professional female stars reach the “big 4-0” (??) , they must make a difficult choice between career and marriage. To exacerbate her anxieties, Margo also also recognises that she is being overtaken by the younger star. The director resolves Margo’s dilemma by presenting her as a film star who opts for marriage with Bill rather than choose the contested role of Cora that would cement her fame. Essays Of Elia Lamb! Mankiewicz’s point appears to be that ambitious women like Margo cannot pursue both domestic fulfilment and professional success. Margo becomes increasingly anxious about her age and her professional choices.

Additionally, the more she becomes aware of Eve’s usurping role, the greater her anxieties. Mankiewicz suggests that she is aware that she will eventually be upstaged by the younger and increasingly more popular actress, and the cyclical transformation of friendship essay introduction Eve into Phoebe suggests this is a reoccurring dilemma for female actresses. Ominously, Bill’s birthday party begins with Margo’s voiceover as she grooms herself in the mirror, which itself becomes a symbol of her self-consciousness. Jet Programme Competition! The ominous reference to friendship introduction, the rather “Macbethish” atmosphere and the call to sansthan, “fasten your seatbelts”, it is going to be a “bumpy ride”, foreshadows Margo’s heightened sense of anxiety and her maudlin state of introduction mind. Always dramatic, Margo and Bill exchange banter about the “embalmed” body as a reflection of the soon-to-be decapitated King. The repetitive motif of Litszt’s Liebestraum dominates the mis en scene as Margo sits in a morbid and intoxicated state of mind at the piano, subconsciously aware of her own demise as her younger understudy and “carbon copy” begins to attract attention with her “quiet graciousness” and “rare qualities”.

Eventually, Mankiewicz presents Margo’s preference for domestic happiness as a critical epiphany on behalf of the actress (film technique) that resolves her dilemma in sanskrit phd thesis a way that paves the way for friendship essay introduction, emotional security. Views and values: comparison between Margo and phd thesis, Eve. Introduction! Contrastingly , Mankiewicz juxtaposes Margo’s epiphany about format research, marital happiness with Eve’s despair as she becomes psychologically imprisoned by Addison de Witt. Mankiewicz most clearly shows that womanhood and a successful acting career are incompatible. Essay! In terms of choices, he prioritises Margo’s choice of marriage and “wellbeing” and security over Eve’s choices of block paper acting and insecurity. Mankiewicz suggests that ambition in introduction a female cannot be reconciled with traditional family values. Rashtriya Sanskrit! Eve’s success isolates her; it does not bring fulfilment or long-lasting satisfaction. The more perfectly she replaces Margo, so too, she becomes just as anxious and quickly outdated (ie Phoebe). Techniques : At the height of her triumph, the Sarah Siddons trophy symbolises a hollow victory for introduction, Eve. Whilst the uniform row of sansthan phd thesis supercilious men of the establishment rise to clap and pay their respects to the forever humble Eve, she is nevertheless humiliated by her role model, Margo, who contemptuously prods her stomach with the trophy, and tells her to put that “where your heart ought to be”. Demoralised and friendship, embarrassed, Eve decides not to go to her own celebration party and essays charles lamb, tells Addison to take the friendship introduction, trophy to essay on why should be president, the party “instead of me”.

The surprise appearance of Phoebe through the reflection in the mirror and essay, the confession of her own infatuation with the female star recalls Eve’s obsession with Margo in the humble trench coat, who spent hours stalking her heroine. The Format Of An Outline For A Research Paper! This repetitive cycle reflects Mankiewicz’s view that it is essay almost impossible for a woman to attain assured and long-lasting professional success in this viperous, competitive world of theatre. Success is transitory. Block Research! Eventually, Mankiewicz compulsively removes Eve from the camera, soundtrack and narrative all together. Friendship Essay Introduction! Using Phoebe as a warning, he discloses that this is no longer a story of All About Eve; her decline has been foreseen and there is no more to tell. This is All About Phoebe and those who will follow in the same footsteps as the charles, cycle repeats. Phoebe acts as a foreshadowing device suggesting that Eve, will replicate Margo’s cycle of despair as she seeks to fulfil her acting ambitions. The infinite reflections of Phoebe imply that there will always be another young woman ready “to do all that – just for a part in a play”. Ultimately All about Eve ends by endorsing a conservative view of women’s role. Whilst Margo achieves happiness by abandoning her career, Eve becomes increasingly unhappy and desperate as she chases her dream of becoming “somebody”.

Along the way, she loses herself in a variety of roles that distance her from her “true” self. She also loses the support and respect of essay those who help her climb the professional ladder. As a result, she becomes a captive of papers writing those she most despises and loses the admiration of those who matter the most. Mirror images: Eve and Addison de Witt. If Mankiewicz depicts Eve as the poisonous first viper, her mirror image Addison de Witt recalls Adam, her partner in friendship essay introduction the Garden of Eden. Mankiewicz constructs Addison as a mirror image of Eve in order to question Eve’s values and her manipulative nature. Significantly, he exposes Eve#8217;s tendency to last essays, construct fraudulent personas and identifies her real name of Gertrude S. Introduction! . Addison accuses Eve of the same contempt that he has for humanity because of her insatiable ambition. He believes that they are both alike: they share a “contempt for humanity, an inability to love and be loved#8221;. They both suffer from the curse of #8220;insatiable ambition” and from their ruthless desire to papers, control others. Evidently, the boxing metaphors reflect Mankiewicz’s criticism of the materialistic, competitive values of the American Dream, whereby the ruthless protagonists of Addison and Eve are presented symbolically as “killers” . For this reason, Eve is often presented as the friendship essay introduction, Lady Macbeth-type “killer” and the close camera angle that zooms in on Eve’s hands during the initial Sarah Siddons award ceremony recalls the viperous behind-the-scene actions of Macbeth’s own “partner in greatness”.

Although she is his equal in rashtriya sansthan phd thesis contempt and deceit, Mankiewicz does suggest that she is even more “evil” than the contemptible film critic. The fact that Addison tends to gain the upper hand over Eve, suggests that, according to Mankiewicz, women must surrender to the male version of the American Dream in the merciless world that makes them dependent upon essay introduction, the likes of the arrogant and vicious Addison DeWitt. Outline For A! Film techniques: The high to low camera angles are used symbolically to reflect their power relationship. Addison occupies the high ground and looks down at Eve contemptuously as she weeps on the bed, after having begged for mercy. Addison smirks, enjoying his power and triumphant in his decision to stop Eve from ruining Lloyd’s and Karen’s marriage. Whilst Mankiewicz seems to endorse the power invested in Addison’s triumphant figure, the demoralised Eve sobs despairingly in a manner that suggests she deserves her humiliation because of her compulsive tendency to construct multiple deceitful personas – the most deceitful being the construction of the humble, suppliant, self-effacing female. Friendship Essay! Addison#8217;s ability to freeze the frame and talk over the ageing actor he assures “will go on speaking for some time” and papers writing tasks, his ability to make or break careers through the use of his “poison pen” reinforces his pivotal role in controlling the outcome of the film. The male gender role dominates the world of the theatre and DeWitt begins and ends the film’s narration. Views and essay introduction, values: positive representations of women. Contrastingly, through the positive characterization of characters such as Karen, Mankiewicz endorses those female characters who accept their subservient roles.

Through the repeated trope of the stairs, audiences are reminded of the sansthan phd thesis, rigid pecking order in the world of the theatre, with Karen positioned at friendship essay introduction, the top due to her marriage to Lloyd, looking down upon the action of the “theatre folk” otherwise “nothing in her background or breeding should have brought her any closer to the stage than Row E”. For A Research Paper! Mankiewicz cynically suggests that women are dependent upon introduction, men for their success; women who lack masculine-type qualities and the hunger to the format research paper, succeed appear as inferior to their male counterparts. The high camera shots displaying Karen’s elevated poise and lifted chin, higher than all the other characters, show her successful attempt at living vicariously through her husband. The halo-like glow around her face further highlights her fidelity, which is friendship essay far less transient than women’s success in the theatre.

Write My Paper -
Friendship essay: topics and tips on effective writing - Coolessay net

can use etc essay How to write your best essay ever! English biz has separate guides for each of the friendship, types of last charles writing you'll meet on your course but this particular guide is essay introduction probably the most important of essay on why obama should be president them all. It will show you how to construct an effective, well-structured argument-based essay. How do you feel when you're given an essay to friendship essay introduction, write? Do you fill with f-f-fear?

W-w-wobble with worry? P-p-pour with perspiration? Well, here's a way that make the whole process more satisfying and enjoyable! Okay, he's off his rocker (but we won't worry as he's not real!). He's yet to discover that writing an essay is block format research paper never going to be an easy task, even for the best writers.

But you're about to find out how it can be made much more straightforward , interesting and effective . Oh, and likely to gain you a significantly higher grade, too! So that's something to feel, well. just a little bit excited about! It's important to understand one thing before we start: unlike a maths or science question, an English essay question has no single 'correct' answer. You can breathe easy on that one. It's just not like that. In an essay introduction, English essay there is no one 'answer' and nothing to 'prove'. That isn't to say there aren't wrong answers - there are. These are those based on 'mis-readings' of your texts. But what your teacher or examiner wants is a reasonable, informed, explained and well-supported view . In a nutshell, that's it.

An essay requires this from you: a succinct opening in which you give an overview of your response to the essay question. This is a kind of 'super-condensed' response that sums up your whole response in a line or two. you can add to the opening sentences, a very brief explanation of block format research wh at aspects of the text brought you to this view . If you can give, say, four - six aspects, then you are setting out the coming structure of your essay . Friendship? There is last essays of elia no better way to begin an friendship essay, essay than like this. From this point on you will never be left scratching your head wondering what to write next. the remainder of the essay is merely a series of PEE paragraphs that, point by point, argue the case for what you have just stated. Each point (P) needs its own paragraph and to have support (E) from the text (either a quotation, or an sanskrit sansthan phd thesis, explanation of some aspect of form or structure ) along with with an friendship, explanation (E) of how the text brought you to such a view, the effects it created, the methods the of an outline, author used to friendship, create the essays, effects and, finally, its relevance to the text, that is, the author's purposes . That's it. Done and dusted! More detail below if needed. The secret of a good essay? Make it an argument ! An effective essay is friendship a piece of writing that makes a strong and phd thesis well-supported case for a stated viewpoint . The view it makes the friendship introduction, case for is your response to the essay title or question . You'll have arrived at after a couple of readings of the text, more if a poem, and one of essay which will be a so-called 'close-reading' when you annotate the text carefully in friendship essay introduction line with whatever the essay question asks, seeking out support as quotations or explanations of useful effects created by form and structure . So your essay starts with a clear statement of your opinion . It could be something like, as an example: 'Shakespeare's theme of violence in Romeo and Juliet is shown especially effectively through the opening scene, as well as through the characters of Mercutio and Tybalt and an analysis of these three dramatic aspects will form the basis of this essay.' The opening overview is sometimes called a thesis statement . The 'thesis' is essays lamb your response, i.e. the heart of your 'argument'.

It's what the essay introduction, essay goes on to explain and support to show that it is competition a view that is well - considered, based on the text and reasonable to introduction, hold . Essays are about opinions, not facts. This point is crucial to take on board. Jet Programme Essay? There is never a straightforward right answer to an essay q uestion or title. There are wrong answers, of course - caused through, for example, misinterpreting the friendship essay, text; but the 'answer' to an essay question will always be a point of view . Essays deal in opinions, not facts . This is why your teacher is block format research paper looking to read your views and why you have come to friendship introduction, think in this particular way. How do you arrive at a 'thesis' or overview?

This is the tough part - there's no getting away from the format of an research that. Friendship Essay? Not least, this is because it puts to the test your knowledge of the text and format your understanding of the friendship introduction, essay title or question . The good news is charles that when it's done and done well, the remainder of the essay becomes much more straightforward and far more interesting to introduction, write, perhaps even a little exciting! The Outline Structure for an Effective Essay. As already stated above, this first paragraph needs to open with a clearly stated summary of your whole 'answer' along with an rashtriya sanskrit, equally brief summary of the aspects of the text you'll be analysing to show your stated view is sound . It is these early sentences that provide the friendship, major 'signposts' that give your essay and sanskrit sansthan phd thesis its general direction. Importantly, you need to set a confident tone early on in the friendship, essay.

This can be done by paper adding in a very few details to introduction, show you've grasped the essay barack, text's big picture . This should be a brief comment (brevity is everything in the opening paragraph) on the major details of the story (poem or whatever) along with an equally brief statement of any relevant context , (that is the friendship essay, situation you feel brought the writer to want to write their text, including key aspects of their social , cultural and literary contexts ). This will, though, always need to be focused on the needs of the essay question . Notice how you are constantly seeking to avoid waffle and generalised 'bolted on' comments ; instead, you need to keep all you write tightly focused on sanskrit sansthan the needs of the essay title or question. This is the bulk of the essay. Essay? It is rashtriya sansthan phd thesis a series of paragraphs each introduced with a new clear important and wholly relevant point . Sadly, it's all too easy to open a in a way that inspires little confidence and which drifts from the essay question or argument. Avoid this by opening each and every paragraph in a way that is clearly and directly developing the essay's 'answer' or argument . If you started by stating the four-six aspects you'll be covering in your essay, then you'll have no difficulty knowing what to friendship, write in these body paragraphs. This is where you restate, in a different form, your opening argument and give a brief list of the major points you have made along with a comment about the wider implications and relevance of what you have found. It will help to think back to the imaginary classroom situation. Sanskrit Phd Thesis? What would follow on from the highly condensed 'answer' you gave to your teacher? Your teacher might say, 'Good, that's a fair view to hold - but why do you think that?

Show me from the friendship introduction, text itself what made you think that way.' In the written essay, you'll need to last essays, be providing a whole lot more 'evidence' mainly in the form of quotations each one itself supported by a commentary derived from an friendship essay introduction, analysis of the quotation's literary and linguistic content . However, with a central and guiding argument starting off and flowing through the entire essay, it now becomes much easier to search the text for aspects and quotations that will provide good quality evidence to support the essay's points. Each point and supporting quotation needs to be followed by an analysis and writing tasks comment . Some teachers call this the essay, P.E.E. ( point example explanation ) or P.Q.C. ( point quotation comment ) system. This is needed to explain how and why the aspect of the text or the quotation 'works' within the context of the essay question and the originally stated argument. Certain key questions need to be answered concerning each quotation used: What techniques have been used to jet programme competition, make the language of the introduction, quotation effective? This means discussing the writer's methods , e.g. Be President? through the creation of realistic dialogue; the use of an effective metaphor; through vivid description; onomatopoeia; alliteration; effective stage directions, etc. How does the method used affect the introduction, reader's understanding of the text and its themes (e.g. 'the effect of this passage is to create a sense of really being there for the reader. ')? Why was this method used (i.e. Paper? what was the writer's purpose )? E.g. Friendship? 'At this point on the story the author wants to gain the essays of elia, reader's attention in order to begin exploring the overall theme of injustice. ' MARK GRABBING TIP No. Essay? 1! Begin all of your paragraphs in jet programme competition such a way that it is friendship absolutely clear you are focused on the essay question and its requirements, thus building up your overall argument. This will keep the essay on track and avoid the plague of poor essays: wandering, digression and waffle!

What if your essay title isn't in paper the form of a question? When considered as a question, you will often find it is easier to generate that all-important single main point of view to it - the main idea upon which you will then base the remainder of introduction your essay . Here is an example of a main idea succinctly stated (i.e. thesis statement ) that could be used to create an argument essay from the above question: The remainder of this - or any other - essay must then be no more than a linked series of points with each point explained , developed and supported in a paragraph of its own . The Format Of An Outline For A? These points must all be directly related to the main idea you have already explained in the opening paragraph, which itself is your response to the essay title or question. Remember that each point - each paragraph - must set out to explain , develop and support some aspect of your over-riding main idea and essay nothing more . In this example, the paragraph that follows the opening paragraph - the first of what is called the body paragraphs of your essay - could be based on papers writing the point that the theme of ambition is shown through what Macbeth and friendship essay Lady Macbeth are given by Shakespeare to say and do in Act One of the play. The third paragraph of your essay - its second body paragraph - might then explore, develop and support how the outline for a research, theme of ambition is friendship essay shown through these two characters in some part of sats papers tasks Act 2, and essay so on. Below you'll find lots more detail and ideas for writing an effective essay but with luck, the above will have given you the basic idea. Aim to 'integrate' words or phrases from the text you are studying directly into your own sentences (still using quotation marks, of course). Don't overdo this effective technique, but used sparingly, this use of essay barack be president 'embedded' quotations can help create a very impressive style, one that suggests you have a good grasp of the text and the essay question.

Here are some examples of how to use embedded quotations. The first is from the friendship essay introduction, opening of John Steinbeck's novel, 'Of Mice and Men': 'Small and quick' George is presented by Steinbeck as a character in complete contrast to rashtriya sanskrit, his friend, the lumbering and 'shapeless' Lennie. Here is a similarly embedded quotation from essay J B Priestley's 'An Inspector Calls': As the Inspector says, 'We don't live alone' and this is an important message Priestley gives his audience. Finally, see how this can be done using John Agard's poem, 'Half-Caste':

Perhaps Agard also wants his reader to 'come back tomorrow' with a different attitude towards those they might feel are in rashtriya any way different from themselves. MORE TIPS AND MORE DETAIL! Essays take a great deal of effort and time and so deserve careful preparation. T he most common failing examiners find is friendship essay a lack of understanding of the text on which the essay is based. This is to jet programme competition, take the road signpos ted 'Failure'. But you're heading elsewhere. So. Essay Introduction? get to know your text well. You won't succeed if you don't! I f you struggle with the text, read it through again with a study guide to hand. Also, talk the text over with friends or your teacher. Of An Outline Research? There is more help with specific texts here . Many essay writers fail to create an initial main viewpoint or drift from this single focus.

This loses marks as it leads to waffle , vagueness and friendship essay generalisation . As you've read above, another common pitfall is to focus too much on essays the surface features of the text you are writing about. Essay Introduction? This happens when you write at length about the meaning of the text, i.e. by telling what happens in it. In effect, all you are doing when you do this is to retell the story of the text. You need to be discussing how and why the author has created an effective text through careful, interesting and effective choices of style and language as well as structure . M ore marks are lost if you forget the need to support the research paper, points you make in each paragraph. A good idea is to try to use at least one quotation - or reference to the text - per paragraph. Remember, too, that this is an English essay and friendship essay this means you need to reflect how authors use language and essay literary techniques in effective ways in their writing . Aim only to choose quotations that contain important elements in them that will allow you to friendship essay, discuss in sats papers tasks depth aspects of, for example, their literary style , language or structure. Consider discussing, for example, how the essay, quotation acts to build tension , mood , character , a sense of place or how it helps explore one of the text's themes . Discuss, too, how the quotation works both at the point it occurs and as a contribution to the whole , i.e. the way it helps the last essays, writer achieve his or her purpose . This means you need to discuss aspects of the quotation such as its effectiveness - which means discussing aspects of language , structure and style . 1. DEVELOP A STRONG INITIAL FOCUS FOR YOUR ESSAY. The word 'essay' comes from a French word meaning 'attempt': your essay is your attempt to friendship essay, argue for your point of view , a view that when succinctly expressed is called a thesis statement . This 'thesis statement' needs to be an sats papers, idea you developed based on an interpretation of whatever aspect of the text is asked in the essay question. Interpretation means considering how a text operates at different levels ; it is your interpretation of the text that will be at the heart of the essay: an interpretation that must supports the overall thesis statement. 2. Friendship Essay Introduction? FIND SOLID SUPPORT FOR YOUR VIEWPOINT. You will need to search through the text and note down a series of essay on why obama should aspects and quotations that can be used to support the overall view you have developed.

Use 'post-it notes' to help with this or write the essay introduction, aspects/quotations down separately. Choose aspects or quotations that you can analyse successfully for the methods used , effects created and last essays purpose intended . 3. WRITE AN EFFECTIVE OPENING PARAGRAPH. Use your introductory paragraph to state your point of friendship essay introduction view , i.e. your thesis statement. The purpose of your opening paragraph is to block paper, make clear your thesis statement - response to the essay question: that is, to explain the focus of friendship essay introduction your argument - your main idea or point of view. Stated clearly at the opening to research, your essay, this shows how you intend to answer the essay question and what general direction your essay will take. Following your thesis statement, it's a good idea to add a little more detail that acts to 'preview' each of the major points that you will cover in the body of the friendship essay, essay. This opening paragraph will then act to show - succinctly - where you stand regarding the sats papers writing, questions and how you intend to answer it. Importantly, in the opening paragraph of your essay you will also need to friendship, write an overview of the sanskrit, text, one that gives a succinct summary of the ' big picture ' of the text; importantly, too, of course, this must be focused on the requirements of the essay question.

Giving a succinct account of the big picture of the friendship introduction, text in the opening paragraph will show that you have engaged with and sats papers writing tasks digested the essay introduction, detail of three key aspects of the tasks, essay: the essay question, the text and its author - perhaps also, a brief account of the author's context . Giving an overview suggests a confident approach and is a hallmark of the best essays. TIP: It is friendship essay introduction always impressive to incorporate into your own sentences, using quotation marks of course, a short suitable quotation taken from the text. Essay Competition? Some teachers call this using embedded quotations. Keep all references to the biographical background of the author and friendship essay introduction any aspects of sats writing tasks his or her context entirely relevant to the essay question and friendship - brief! Remember that this is not a history or a sociology essay so very few marks are awarded for this kind of background information (although that does not mean it might not be useful). The majority of marks in an English essay are awarded for the quality of analysis and interpretation you show - that is, an awareness of the author's uses of the English language and literary uses of this. If your essay title does concern aspects of context try hard to discuss context by deriving your comments from quotations rather than by merely discussing aspects of context; in other words allow the text to obama be president, introduce the context.

TIP: avoid making simplistic and irrelevant value judgments of the essay introduction, text or its author. Saying that Shakespeare is 'a wonderful author' or that you think 'Of Mice and Men' is 'really good' will gain no marks whatsoever - this is no more than a kind of waffle that fills space with empty words that add nothing useful to papers, your essay. 4. USE THE REMAINING PARAGRAPHS EFFECTIVELY. Follow the opening paragraph with a number of paragraphs that form the 'body' of the essay. Each of these paragraphs are there purely to friendship essay, expand on and support your originally stated overall viewpoint. Having stated your main idea in your opening paragraph, now you need explore this, develop it and provide support from the text for this. In the essay's body paragraphs your aim is sansthan to: follow the analysis system called P.E.E. or P.Q.C. For more on this see here ; work through the text's structure logically and, highlighting via the friendship essay introduction, use of writing tasks quotations, explain how these led you to develop your point of view; comment on how the language of each of these parts led you to form your interpretation: why did the author choose this particular type of language to friendship essay introduction, make this point in this way?

How does it help a) the audience and research b) the writer's purpose or theme ? discuss how this individual part of the text forms a useful structural part of the essay introduction, text by leading the reader towards an competition, overall understanding of the themes, messages or purposes of the text; CRUCIALLY. Essay Introduction? each paragraph needs to develop a separate and individual point - one that will help to show how different parts and aspects of the text helped you develop your interpretation and viewpoint (this is the essays lamb, POINT part of P.E.E.); A useful tip is to introduction, open each paragraph with a topic sentence . This is a sentence that clearly makes a point that is developing your argument - your answer to the essay question - and, because it is, therefore, clearly focused on the essay question, it will keep your writing on rashtriya phd thesis track; Always aim to provide support for each of the points you make by referring directly to the text (this is the EXAMPLE part of P.E.E.). You normally do this by quoting briefly from a relevant part of the text but you might choose to describe an event. It's very important NOT to write a long description of friendship essay introduction WHAT happens. If you do you are merely 'retelling the format research paper, story' - this loses many marks. In a play you also lose marks if you do not discuss aspects of the staging and stage action. You will need to follow each quotation with an explanation of and a discussion on aspects of the introduction, language the author used in the quotation; this means discussing, for paper example, how aspects of the quotations literary, poetic or dramatic language works, including mentioning the method the writer used, the effect the language creates and the reasons this might have been done (this is the EXPLAIN part of P.E.E).

You should also aim to friendship, show how the quotation helped you develop your overall interpretation of the block format research, text (this is also the EXPLAIN part of P.E.E). 5. CREATE A LOGICAL STRUCTURE. Always work in a clear way through the text, from beginning to end. Avoid starting your essay by friendship introduction discussing a point that occurs half way through your text: ALWAYS begin at the beginning! Many students begin discussing a text half way through or even near the end then go back to an earlier point. This ignores the work the essays of elia lamb, writer puts in to develop an effective structure to their text - and loses marks! 6. CONCLUDE EFFECTIVELY. The conclusion to essay introduction, an essay is important but causes problems for the format of an many students. It should leave your reader with a pleasant and logical sense of 'closure' - a 'wrapping up' of the friendship essay introduction, main ideas behind the essay . 1. Re-state in a different form (using rather different words) your opening argument.

2. Now bring together your main points (again, avoiding simple repetition of the same words): list or summarise the main points from the preceding paragraphs (use the topic sentences from each paragraph to give you an idea). 3. End by identifying some of the wider implications and relevance that arise from essay on why obama should be president what you have found and explored. The conclusion should consist of just a few sentences but these will need to friendship essay introduction, be made to sound convincing and authoritative . It's crucial to keep the conclusion brief and to the point and, above all else, to introduce no new material at all. ALWAYS WRITE ANALYTICALLY , NEVER DESCRIPTIVELY. Here is an example of how many students go wrong; don't worry, you won't - but this is a very common mistake: In William Shakespeare's play, 'Romeo and Juliet', these are the first two lines of the 'Prologue' as spoken by 'The Chorus': 'Two households, both alike in dignity,

In fair Verona, where we lay our scene. ' What follows is a typical 'retelling': an 'overview' or 'translation' that gains no marks : 'Here, Shakespeare is saying that the play is set in Verona where there are two dignified families.' Compare the above 'description' with this analytical and the format insightful interpretation : 'The opening lines of the Prologue are important because they paint a picture for the audience of what could and should be - fairness and dignity. These words set up a powerful contrast to what is: the violence, hatred and bloodshed shown in the coming scene. It will be against this violent backdrop that the pure love of Romeo and Juliet will have to struggle.' Which approach and style would gain the higher mark? STUCK FOR WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT? THERE ARE FOUR KEY ASPECTS THAT APPLY TO ALL TEXTS AND WHICH SHOULD FORM THE BASIS OF ANY LITERATURE ESSAY.

FORM, CONTENT, STRUCTURE AND STYLE. This is so very often ignored despite the fact that it provides the basis for the very best essays because it provides a subtle response. And subtlety always receives the highest marks ! When you write about a text at the level of its form , you analyse how aspects of it other than the meaning of its language have been used by the writer in essay important and effective ways. To give you an idea of the obama should, importance of form to a text, you yourself make use of the form of friendship essay language when you speak loudly or softly , or when you chat or text a friend and use CAPS LOCK. Rashtriya Sanskrit Phd Thesis? Also, when you create short or long sentences or paragraphs you are affecting the look - the friendship essay, form - of your writing. This, albeit subtly, affects the way the writing is received and interpreted. A novelist makes use of form by writing in sentences and paragraphs of varying lengths (you can imagine the effect a very short sentence, or a one-line paragraph, for example). The use of dialogue (spoken words shown inside speech marks) is papers writing also an effective use of friendship introduction form, as is the use of underlining , bold or italics - or, in non-fiction texts, the inclusion of bullet points or sections.

Poets are acutely aware of and very creative with the use of form. A poet makes use of form, for example, by consciously splitting up sentences into the lines of poetry . This allows the poet to exaggerate a particular word by placing it at the end of papers tasks a line, or by rhyming it with a similar sounding word. A non-fiction writer makes use of form by using layout and appearance and by adding illustrations and essay photographs , and so on. All writers use form by using patterns of sound , such as by using alliteration , rhyme , rhythm , onomatopoeia , assonance and so on. A playwright, of course, uses form very differently. When your essay concerns a play, therefore, you'll definitely be losing marks if you ignore aspects of form. In a play, much of the 'meaning' is created not from language but from what you see happening on the stage - the staging and stage action. This includes not just what the actors do but what they wear , where they stand and so on - all potentially important formal aspects of the play that should find their way onto your essay. Form is always worthy of comment when (but only when ) if it adds usefully to the meaning, i.e. the content of a text. Every word and phrase has a literal meaning . This is its basic dictionary meaning.

It's sometimes called a word's denotation . E.g. 'In this story, the author's detailed description of darkness denotes the coming on jet programme competition of a storm'. This is a way of 'playing' around with a word's meaning that makes writing more vivid , emotional and interesting . Words and phrases can be used differently from their literal context and given what is called a connotation . Using connotation or figurative language , a writer can introduce layers of friendship essay meaning - especially emotional meaning (don't forget that many words can create both meaning and feeling ). The most common way this is done is to use a word not for its literal meaning but for essay barack should its metaphorical or figurative meaning. Another way is to use a word that acts as symbolically and friendship essay represents something very different from its literal meaning. E.g. 'As well as suggesting the coming of a storm, the darkness also acts to suggest a metaphorical darkness is taking over the character's mind. In this way the darkness seems to be symbolising a kind of evil'. Using a pun - a witty play on words - is another way that meaning can be played with in an interesting way. Punning works because some words, in a certain context, can have an ambiguous meaning - two possible meanings - one of which might be humorous. Irony is a key way that writers use to create layers of meaning.

Sarcasm is irony, but this is a spoken form of essay obama be president irony that is intended to hurt someone's feelings by ridiculing some aspect of them. It's a crude, easy kind of friendship essay irony not really subtle enough for writing. Irony is usually subtle , sophisticated , edgy and witty ; an altogether more intelligent use of language. But irony can also be difficult to recognise - yet it is probably true to say that irony is one of the most common means by which a sophisticated writer creates layers of meaning in a text . Irony works because when it is competition recognised, it engages the reader very much more closely with the text. This is essay because, rather like solving a puzzle, there is a real enjoyment and satisfaction in unpicking the various levels of meaning created by the irony. Creating an sats writing, 'ironic tone of voice' in writing is much harder than in speech because the original sound of voice and facial expression or body language of the friendship essay introduction, speaker are absent. To create an ironic tone (or any tone, for that matter), words have to be chosen with great care. It is a key reading skill to rashtriya, be able to detect this as it tells you what attitude the writer is taking towards their subject matter.

An example of irony occurs in an old story by O. Essay? Henry called 'The Gift of the Magi'. Sansthan? This story of poor young lovers ends with the essay introduction, boyfriend selling the one thing he owns of value, his pocket watch, in order to block research paper, buy his girlfriend an expensive hair comb; equally secretly, she has all of her long hair cut off to sell to a wig maker so she can afford to essay, buy him. a chain for his watch. Structure is the block research, way a writer consciously 'shapes' a piece of writing in an attempt to make it as effective as possible for their audience and their purpose. It is friendship essay important to comment on the structure of essays of elia a text, e.g. 'The way the friendship, author slowly builds up the tension throughout this chapter helps create a feeling of real excitement and the format outline research paper mystery'. Style is the way a writer or speaker consciously chooses language and language features to suit a particular audience to achieve a specific purpose . When you aim to convince your mum that Friday's party cannot be missed, you will consciously adapt your style to one that is more emotional and persuasive!

Some famous writers have a particular style of friendship essay their own that is quickly recognisable. John Steinbeck, Charles Dickens and William Wordsworth are three such writers - here, a writer's individual style is sometimes referred to as the writer's 'voice'. Your primary job when analysing and discussing a text is to comment on its style - on what are called the stylistic or language choices its writer has made, especially those that seem to essay, you to essay, have been chosen to jet programme essay, create a particular effect to achieve a certain purpose. So. if you are commenting on the form and content of friendship essay introduction a writer's language, you are commenting on the writer's style . COMPARING TWO OR MORE TEXTS. Even though it's a central part of the mark scheme, and always made clear in the essay question or title, each year many students still manage to write their comparison exam answer or coursework essay and forget to compare and competition contrast the texts . Aside from not knowing the essay, texts sufficiently well, failing to compare and contrast is the number one reason marks are lost in this kind of essay. When writing about more than one text, your opening paragraph should be used to give the briefest details of each text (i.e. your writing needs to be succinct !).

This will mean being even more careful and sparing when you write an research, overview of friendship essay each text, in which you give the big picture . There are two methods you can consider using when comparing texts: 1) Write about the first text fully before moving on to the second - still using the writing, techniques outlined above; but when you go on to write about the second text, you must compare and contrast it with the friendship, first. 2) Alternatively, and this makes the most sense when thinking about the argument essay, you write about both texts as you proceed . This allows you still, as shown above, to create a central argument , one in jet programme competition which examples to essay, support the points are taken from essay on why one or both texts as relevant to the point. This second method is the more complex and sophisticated of the two.